260 w quantum board Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarriedToMaryJ, Sep 15, 2017.

1. The hlg heat sink is 24 inches long and my box is 22 inches long so I can't close my door no matter which way I put it you know? And I would really like to use this hlg heatsink u know

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Just sand it flat. It's aluminum. They say no thermal compound but I've always though that if you added it you would probably get better cooling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The 260 heat sink cut in half is the exact same one that the qb135 fixture comes with. The qb320 is just a longer version of that exact same heatsink.

They don't even sand the edges when they sell it to you with the qb260. My heatsink is sharp. Almost cut me. It kinda bugged me because I've worked sheetmetal and all they had to do was run a little de-burring tool down the edge.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You mean sand the other heatsink? That's actually a good idea I can make it flush so stupid I should have done that and I'll use some smaller screws with a flat head hey I guess u have new things to learn. This is my first Frankenstein light lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Anyone see the new redwood vero kits from timber omg so sexy

6. Use a dust mask or do it in a stiff breeze but aluminum will sand like butter. I would probably use either a 320 or 220 grit and a random orbital sander.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Depends how hot that ally is supposed to get.
    With some boards like the ones I use for fish tank lights they overheat if you use thermal paste and if you mount them on ally they melt everything but yet the board with let's powered on is cool to the touch without the ally. They are deigned that way I don't know why.

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey guys,
    So I know that I've been lost for a few. I ended up chucking the green crack seedling. Don't get me wrong it was from blimburn seeds I got it on attitude but it was a while ago and lots of new goodies have been coming out and I want to grow some dank if I'm going to grow in the first place. I was able to get a strain called

Rainmaker
    From Ethos Genetics
    I got them of SHN which is a very good and legit place btw probably my new place for
    Top quality genetics. Here are some pictures of the breeder pack and stuff. Ran out of Tupperware so I'm using ziplock bags and paper towels to germinate like I said warm dark and unbothered is how they like it so I'm just going to leave it be. I'll be itching to check tommorow night lol.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh and I ended up ordering 2 120 mm antec fans for
    My heatsinks!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey guys so the antec fans came in. I wired them up. Thing is in a little confused. So which way do I put these fans on. With the air blowing towards the heatsink or sucking air through the heatsink then out? Here's a pic
    [​IMG]

11. Push air through the fins to extract heat. Imo

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. you wanna push air down on to the HS and it will push it out the sides extracing the heat

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. As with every CPU heatsink I've ever put in, the fan blows towards the heatsink. It won't cool near as good the other way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #114 Tbone Shuffle, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    It's amazing to me how hot the darn qb304 boards run when you consider the qb120's don't even have a heatsink and the diodes themselves run almost the same current/voltage on both boards. One runs really hot the other runs cold.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dude I was looking at those boards. Imagine adding them with quantums but using them to help push flower. Like using a diff spectrum on the 120s. I bet I could kill flowering with those boards alone and there cheap as all hell I don't get it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So I added the fans and holy shit the light I can actually touch now it's just warm. What a difference a fan makes holy shit u guys were right.

17. Weve been doing this a while

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

18. Have you seen the longer heatsinks? Would be cool to run the longer version with a 5k qb120 in the center.

The middle one is the heatsink that is normally used on the qb260. The one on the bottom is 50% larger.
    [​IMG]

They sell a few lights based on the longer heatsink. The qb260xl and the qb320 with 3 qb288 boards in series.
    Perfect spot for a couple of qb120's.
    Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt XL Quantum Board LED Kit
    [​IMG]

You would have to run them dimmed though just the 2 qb260's is enough for a 4x4 you don't need more boards.

I actually bought a 3500k qb260 and a 3k so I could mix the spectrum a little.

19. Mine are doing great. 28th day since the flip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3