260 w quantum board Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarriedToMaryJ, Sep 15, 2017.

1. #1 MarriedToMaryJ, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Hey guys I'm back!
    Well I ended up getting lucky and snatching up this quantum board kit on hlg. The heat sink was too long for my Grow box so I had to improvise. Originally it looked like this
    [​IMG]
    So I had a piece of shit led light kicking around so I took it apart and grabbed the heatsinks from it. Which was perfect because it had an aluminum plate with it. I drilled and tapped a bunch of holes to make the boards fit. I put the drive sideways on top of the heatsinks. This aluminum and heatsinks are heavy as shit but hey whatever. Hlg was able to give me the QB 304. Here are some more pictures of what I started with and the finish product. I'm sorry I know people want to talk shit about the quantum boards but they are straight killing the game right now. Talk shit about how the corners don't perform but I think there great. Kk now that my rant is over sorry bout that. What do you think. Will I yeild a good amount. I know this is better than my California lightworks solarstorm 440
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nice lights where u putting it? Are the heat sinks needed? I thought those lights ran very efficently.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome back. Glad to see you picked one up. Looks like a lot of work for that hack job. I hope it holds temps for you.

Your plants are going to love that light. Mine do.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The qb304 boards and 288 boards need heatsinks. The qb120 boards don't.

Both use the same leds but the 304 boards run 48volts and the qb120's run 24volts. The current is similar. The 120's have less then half the leds but on a wider more heavy duty board.

The 120's run way cooler and more efficiently at 24v. The 304 boards at max output can be pretty darn hot. They run up to 140 watts a board. The 120's are 60 watts max a board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Subbed.

Wha you growing ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I brought my qb260 over to my buddies house last night to show him what it looks like on. He couldn't believe how bright it is. They're a sight to behold. I'm just imagining what my 4x4 is going to look like when I unzip it with 2 in there.

I'm looking forward to next bud round. Probably somewhere in November.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hey man glad to be back. Yea man I'm sure it will hold temps since the light this used to be was a Grow stealth 600 w pro bloom from growstealth. They went out of business tho. I wish I could use the original heatsink but hey what you gunna do
    You know?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Green crack but I might be popping an ocean Grown ninja fruit since I heard it was going to be In stock real soon sometimes this week!

9. Hell yea dude it's so bright I was blind for
    Like 10 mins after. Btw how would I know if my boards couldn't Handle the heat?

10. Something will melt or trip on the surge protector.

11. #12 Sickomindo, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    funny. im doing GC now. The ones on the side babies are gorilla glue

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. I can tell by the shear brightness of the white light on the bottom of that tent. That's a quantum fixture in the middle.

13. Nice light! Glad to see ya back. How was your smoke from the last harvest? Green crack is an all time fav. Ima stick around for the show.

14. I'm very interested in the light where did you get it and was it easy to make. Im not very good at electrical shit

15. I have a 300w 6 cob (3500k) setup from Timbergrowlights. + 260w Quantum Board (3000k)

All required very little work. Made the frame myself learn how to rivet cut the Al aluminum frame from the hardware store painted it green. The guys from horticulture lighting with the quantum boards basically put it together for $25 I would've put it together myself but I accidentally clicked it I guess. O well. The cobs from timber was pretty easy if you can wire speaker wire together you can do that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. This is going to be awesome if glad that there are a lot of people catching on to how efficient these lights are.

17. Hey man could you tell me what yeild could I expect roughly with these boards I know there efficient last Grow I got .75 g per watt

18. I added one to my bloom setup and went from .8g/watt to 1.2g/watt. They are fully capable of 1.75-2g/watt range with a competent grower.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The largest increase was in density. I really didn't have that many more jars full of bud then last crop but the buds weighed 50% more at least per jar. I have jars that are 3/4 full and would normally weight about 30 grams that are 54 grams in a jar. The buds are like rocks.

• Like Like x 3