26' x 12' greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by WALSTIB, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Hello everyone! I'm new here, but have been lurking for years. Anyway, I have a group of friends and we pitched on a 26' x 12' greenhouse(8.7' high in the center). We are looking to achieve the maximum yield out of it. This will be my first real grow, but my buddy is more experienced and has done outdoor grows before.
    We are looking to pull 1 - 2 lbs a plant, we will be starting with mostly blue dream clones and aim to use either 30 or 50 gallon smart pots to get them big. We are in the coastal region of Southern California. I have a few questions.

My first question is about spacing. We want as many of these plants yielding at least a pound each to fit in the 26 x 12 area as possible. I've read that this would require a 4x4 ft space for each plant. If that is true then I think about 18 would fit in our greenhouse ok. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My second question is about the flooring. The greenhouse is on a lawn. Should we lay down a tarp as the floor? Also I've seen pictures of smart pots being on wood pallets and was wondering if I should do the same?

So calling all experienced outdoor (greenhouse)growers! If you had this greenhouse how would you plan it out? Here's a link to the type we have: High Quality 26' x 12' Green Walk In Greenhouse

Thanks! I've tried searching for all of these answers with no luck. I just want to make sure our grow is successful! :)

2. #2 pointswest, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
    I have a house 12' x 30' x 12' high. We grow 18 plants in this area and fill the house completely by harvest. Sixteen plants would fill your house. Your yield expectations are greatly inflated, my house has 12' ceiling and we grow to the top each year. The average harvest is 1/2# per plant, grown in 20, 25, and 30 gal pots growing organically. Only the largest plants in the house will harvest a # or more. Your house is not tall enough to grow pounders.

If your pots are not going to be moved around you do not need to use pallets, but if you turn the pots regularly or move them around, you should raise them off the ground to keep them from rooting into the soil. You will need enough fans to make one air exchange of the total volume of air in the GH each minute in summer. Do not try to cool the house with an air conditioner, you will spend more on electric than the crop is worth. If additional cooling is needed use an evaporative cooler (swamp cooler) to reduce temps.

Planning and Building a Greenhouse

We use 5' x5' spacing for our plants and this is still crowded at harvest time, I feel we could grow the same harvest with only 12 plants if they had more room to fill out.

Good luck

PW

3. Shit wasnt in a greenhouse but my biggest 25 gallon pulled one pound 10 ounces the rst were pound nd few ounces easy. Should have no problem pulling a pound from a 25. If ur not ur doing something wrong.

4. My 25 gallon plants were 7 to 9 feet as well 12 feet is ridiculous tall. Lst much? Lol

5. Thank you pointswest! You are saying that 8 feet is not tall enough for pounders. But what if I use the LST method? I would like a few more peoples opinions so I can triangulate the data. Any takers?

6. Believe i already answered ur questions^^^^

7. Thanks bud!

8. Welcome:wave: happy growing :smoking: