250watt MH

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Smokedogg, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Has anyone used one before??
    Is it good for vege better than a 250 watt HPS??
    and lastly does either a 250 watt HPS or 250 watt MH burn hotter?

oh yeah will it light up a 2 by 2 feet grow area well?

thanks for any help

2. if ur just gonna get 1 light get a hps, mh r betta at veggin but hps r betta 4 flowerin and thats wot counts. if u just want it 4 veggin only then mh is good.

shud lite the space ok, do the norm of white walls etc and they both have the same kinda temps as a rule.

3. almost the same temps, but as they get bigger, the temps vary alot. a 250w MH will be quite a bit hotter than its HPS counterpart. to the point where you can tell the difference with your hand. i've only used one MH ever (a 400w) and i didnt see the point. In personal expeirience i think they Veg the same, except MH will make a slightly shorter plant.

4. i allways thought that HPS wud make the shorter plant as mj streches to find red light not blue.

HPS were the latest new thing in growing when i started and all i herd from the grow shop oweners was how short and stocky the plant was.. the only draw back to a plant raised from day1 under HPS is it takes slighty longer to kick over into flowering and MH roots the plants better.

i gotta admit iv never used a MH, never saw the point of tryin. from wot u say john im glad i didnt bother.

5. yeah, thonly reason i would ever use a MH again is if i had a veg box that needed a lgith, and i had a MH and no HPS. even then i'd look around for an HPS.;):p

6. thats why i use mhs is because i dont have an hps now had one and i think they work better but got to use what i have so buoght a budding bulb,,,,but still would prefer an hps ,,,,,good luck

7. i was acually gonna sell my MH, but didnt because i couldnt sell that peice 'o shit to anyone else in pursuit of growing the fine herb. i might se it someday, if for some weird reason they no longer make HPS lamps, and destroy all the currently made ones.:smoke:

8. Hey thanks for all the help!
    I have now decided to get a 250watt HPS for my Vege

Here's a pic of my current grow under my 400watt HPS

Thanks agian

Attached Files:

9. if your have the money get some HPS.