250w mh/hps 175w cfl grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mikegosse3, Feb 2, 2013.

1. #1 mikegosse3, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    DAY 28 4 WEEKS room = 4Hx4x5L shultz nutes and soil from can tire pots 7.5L 2 bagseed 4 weeks old waiting on 3 autoflowering in the mail. topped the largest plant and cloned the cutting with pure honey the clone is 2 days old. im using LST and only topping once. the fan pushes alot of cool air through the room theres a duct on top that brings the hot air on the other end of the basement, 3 speed . no stealth issues. this is my second grow my last grow was pure cfl and it was one plant turned out to be hermie :mad: mostly seeds. update in a few days or when seeds arive

Attached Files:

2. Looks interesting bro. Ill definitely be checking back in on this one.

Which strains you running?

3. #3 mikegosse3, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    2 of those in the pots are bagseed, one is sativa and the others idica. the seeds i ordered off ms are
    ( http://www.marijuana-seeds-canada.com/ )
    2x sweet +speed auto(supposed to finish 7 weeks from seed) and
    1x berry ryder automatic (8 weeks)

Attached Files:

4. Todays update the clones not doing to well i think i overwattered it and not to mention it remained underneath the mh and it was my first time cloning.
    The soil im using

Attached Files:

5. DAY31 update - more lst some and some trimming of the lower fan leaves for light penetration i want that stem to be nice and strong to support their fruit.
    i went into the grow room today and noticed that i must have knocked the mist bottle ontop of the, clone now its a goner. i pulled it and it wasent rooting anyways oh well going to have to stick to cloning gel.
    hopefully the seeds i ordered will be here soon so i can get them going, i also have some more bag seeds but im going to wait a little longer maby when i start flowering the autos i ordered. going to have a rotation so i can harvest every month or 2. getting a t5 for baby room to start plants and clones update when its done or in a few days.

Attached Files:

6. Seeds! Germing now !

Attached Files:

7. Nice man. Looks like things are coming along. Bummer about the clone, cloning can be tough starting out.

Looks like you could have trimmed the fan leaves down a bit more on the clone. The cutting has no roots, so it has a hard time supporting all that green plant surface and the photosynthesis trying to take place. Cuttings need time to focus on rooting first. I've read, from several sources, that it helps to place the cutting(s) in darkness after placing them into the medium, for about 24 to 48 hours
    That stem on the cutting looked pretty thick too. As nice and sturdy as it is, in my opinion, its better to take cuttings from the lower part of the plant(off of the lower branches), where the limbs tend to be a bit on the thinner side, and have lower levels of nitrogen and higher levels of carbohydrates which helps promote rooting.
    At least Im pretty sure I read that somewhere lol

But it made sense to me; roots would have a harder time breaking out of thicker stems

Anyway, good luck with your new seeds :) Things looking good

8. Thanks and yeah it was just an experiment when i topped one of the plants i just wanted to see if i could make some use out of the cuttings, and i never cut much of the fan leaves off, the clone was on a 18/6 light schedule like the rest of my plants i also had it under a strong amount of light maby experiment #2 might work out. thats comming shortly.

9. #9 mikegosse3, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    All 3 beans popped but not enough to plant yet! i always just put 4 layers of paper towel on bottom and 2 on top and use bottled water at ROOM temperature just a sprinkle so its all nice and moist then cover with a dishcloth to keep light out, i also keep it in the cubbord above the fridge because its warm and not used so there will be little light. Always works if done right and if the seed is good.

Edit: always mark your strains and where you put them if using different ones, i just put the berry ryder in the middle and the 2 speed+ on the outsides so i wouldent get mixed up, its nice to know which plant is which.

Attached Files:

10. 5 WEEKS For the bagseed and 1 day for the autos sprouted and green already looking good, I think im going to have to lst them too because i really dont have much height. To be exact or 22 inches that the plant itself can grow. I think they will be alright in 7.5L pots since they are fast flowering but im not sure. Also i am going to transplant the big bushy bagseed into an 11L pot evin thow i hate transplanting i find transplanting with medium pots can quite the job, i always end up messing up and breaking alot of roots. I just cant get the soil to stay together. The bagseed are on 12/12 now becasuse i dont want males in with my feminised seeds. and i donnt want to waste the light on the little basterds. Update when i see sex info:

Edit: i did alot of trimming as you can see in the photos for light penetration

Attached Files:

11. Small update today plants were at 36 days 4-5 days on 12/12 and this morning i woke up to find ny 2 bagseed plants had balls, that sucks. But anyways good thing i started them autos going to be a week or more till my update probley when i transplant them

Attached Files:

12. At which point have you planned on switching the MH to HPS?

13. Well there supposed to be finished in 8 weeks from seed so i would say in 4 weeks half way through

14. Well i put the girls under the 250w mh and 110w of cfl and today they look like they are loving it i think i will still lst them although they autoflowering i only have 100 cn of growing space and this is my first grow in it and my first auto strain

Attached Files:

15. #15 mikegosse3, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Today the girls are at 10 days and i transplanted them yesterday still no nutes but i have eased them into the full power of the mh there now at 10 inches the closest they can be. The fans on full power and i have added a radio to the grow room for when Im working and its supposed to be good for the plants in some way or another i have heard in the past of grape farmers installing speakers in there fields increase yield and vigor or the plants. The 2 in the back are + speed from sweet seeds and the bigger plant in the front is berry ryder automatic from auto seeds

Attached Files:

16. 2 weeks the girls looking good berry ryder front in center as always. still not using nutes. Will be starting regular LST and easing into nutes sometime in the next week probley next watering

Attached Files:

17. Here's the girls at 18 days. berry rider showing her pistols, whoot. Today is day 22 or 23 too lazy to put up pics of today will update soon for anyone interested

Attached Files:

18. Today day 24 berry ryders showing pistols

19. Edit forgot pics haha

Attached Files:

20. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics when there's really some action going on ill brake out the camera