250w HPS Ventilation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by assulin, Nov 30, 2012.

1. #1 assulin, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Hello guys,
    Im thinking about buying a 250w HPS, do you think i could vent it with circulation fans ? I will be growing inside a closet that i can't cut any holes on it.
    But if venting a 250 HPS without inline fan isnt possible ill just buy a DR60 grow tent and CFLs for veg.

I am on a small budget and i can't buy the whole set up in one go,so ill be buying some parts now and some parts next month.

the possibilities are :

1)Grow in closet without Grow tent,buy 250w HPS and circulation fans, and buy inline fan,grow tent and carbon filter next month

2)Grow in Grow tent inside the closet,buy CFLs for veg and DR60 and buy 250w HPS for flowering,inline fan and carbon filter next month.

What do you think i should do?

Sorry if it doesnt make any sense guys im pretty stoned :/

Thanks!

2. need some help guys

3. A circulating fan is not ventilation, it just moves the air around. You need fresh air coming in and stale hot air going out. But you can get away with less air at the very early stages of veg, so you can get started now and buy your tent next month.

4. Yeah i know i meant if i can keep the temperature down

also guys if im going to veg for 1 month until i buy the other items,how many should i put in there? and what pot size?

5. no. you need and active intake or exhaust. fans will do nothing.

6. I agree, you need fresh air in and out. How bout getting a spare door and making holes go thru it for intake/exhaust? that way you're not making any holes in stuff. You might be able to find a used door for super cheep at a thrift store or habitat for humanity place. good luck.

7. just get the dr60 and do it properly,they are wicked little tents man!and deffo get an extractor fan :)

8. guys i think ill go with the tent and the CFLs, i think 1-2 PC fans for intake exhaust and a fan blowing ont he plants is gonna be enough.
    even if the tent is inside the closet

what do you think?

9. the pc fans wont be good enough to exhaust with but can be done in the early stages and with cfl's you should manage and just get an exhaust when you can

10. i vent my 250W MH with a fan removed from an air hockey table. granted its in a DR80 tent. but a 250 W light isnt really all that much heat to deal with.

11. ok but it'll be enough for CFLs...when i get the HPS i'll get an inline fan

12. You'll wan't to veg with the hps too if you aren't already by now, but use cfl's if heat is a problem

13. Yea you can get away with starting your grow without exchanging much air it will all be fruitless in e long run. You need air exchange, if you cannot cut holes in the closet, or have a vented door the success of your grow with be limited. Plants need fresh air, circulating the same stale air won't get the job done when it counts, in bloom. You may have to rethink your space.