250W hps grow, amnesia Haze

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tha, Mar 22, 2010.

1. #1 tha, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
    hey guys, :wave:
    I'll be updating regually in this thread.
    the setup is:
    Closet: 167Hx77Wx48D CM
    125 W cfl for keeping mother plants.
    250 W hps kit with easy roll.
    250 w MH bulb.
    5 feminised Amnesia Haze (they didn't have white widow :()
    timer and some wire.
    some 6L pots.
    soil for seedlings and soil for replanting
    and the most important: A smoke alarm. (be safe)

Greets . Tha:wave:

Attached Files:

2. Haha, ok quick tutorial on uploading pictures for posting.

When you're in the full edit mode area for making a post, find the paperclip next to the :) face. That pops up this window (might need to allow your browser to do this?) where you can attach files to your post up to 10 at a time. Just select your files and add them, then upload, and then go back to making your post. Now when you click the paperclip menu you will be able to select your uploaded images and insert them as attachments. This will make a tidy tumbnail preview and lets us get the nice full size when we click. :cool:

Aaaanyways. Dude! Happy sprouts are happy indeed. Your soil looks really nice as well; what brand? I only worry that it looks very soggy and I would figure it holds alot of moisture for a long while. Do you have a watering schedual? :] I'll throw in my 2cents on that

Since they're only sprouts just give them a very small amount every day, say 2 tablespoons each right around the base of the stem. They really don't need much to grow at this point. After a week or more you'll have two pairs of some nice looking leaves. Keep the minimalistic watering up unless you feel like she is drooping at all. You'll know when it's time to give her more - at that point jump to say 6oz and only water once the top half inch of your soil is dried out or you see her drooping again.

3. Thanks for the picture guide :) I'll use it when i update in a dey or two :)

the soil is Frux i got from my local grow store. it's used for seeds and sprouds. well local is still 50 km away from here *GG*
    but yea, i figured I would let the sprouds have enough wather, but I'm worried that I'll get root rot.. anything i can do for drying the soil og should i just let it dry bu itself?
    I'm planning on making a schedual for wathering then i get some leaves, and the soil has dryed a bit :)

I'll try following you'r advises it sounds useful :)

again. thanks :hello:

Greets:wave:

4. hey again guys ;)

i just got some time on my hands, and figured that i would take some close up's of my sprouds. soo.. here we go :)

:wave:

Attached Files:

5. pack your cigs much? haha

you must have a nice camera seeing these macro shots.

and good work getting the attachments to work. so much easier to see. :]

you can change your first pics like that too, would be nice.

6. I will be watching, I also am running a 250 watt mh, Going to get a tent & another hps light but I keep spending my cash before I remember I need the tent & hps lol, Most likely I will get just a 150 hps maybe 250 depending on the price.. Check out my grow & leave a comment, I need new pics on there though its twice that size now & growing more & more daily... LST also

7. an update at day 8 :)

the plants are looking healthy and I changed the 125 W CFL to my 250 W MH.

i only worry that the ballast is getting quite hot, ( i burn my hand on it) It's on top of my closet with my two bathroom fans, they where like 15$ each.. :)
    so far I dont use carbon filter as I'm living alone and worry about the smell (Simply just love it! :D)

well here's some pics. :)

Attached Files:

8. Hey guys ! :hello:

Another daily update

the girlsnow beginning to get some teaved, and the stretching stoppet in time when the 250 W MH light came up :)

enjoy:)

Attached Files:

9. cool, they're deffo coming on. what are the temps like in the cupboard with the 250w?

10. right now there's 95 degrees Fahrenheit, but that's only because i dont have any circulation fan on it yet.. I'll get my hands on it one of the days :) so th keep the temp down during day, I'm keeping the door open,, but this is of course not optimal.. :O

11. yeah, that's a little high but i suppose you could always switch back to the cfl if they show signs of stress. you have the extraction/intake fans coming? i'm only concerned because high temps killed my first grow completely and i'd hate for that to happen to you... seriously, i came home from work and my seedlings had turned into something resembling used matchsticks. lol, live and learn :D

12. update for day 11 :)

new leaves are beginning to form quickley and they does not seem stretchy at all :)

i added a fan and made additional 4x2" inc holes and now the temp are down do about 91.4. well it's not accetable enouth but i think it's the MH lamp that does it.. but anyway they seel healthy and as long they do so, I'm not worried :)

here's some eye candy ;)

Attached Files:

13. hi again.
    Day 19:

i got som problems with one of my girls.. se seem really sick, started 3-4 days after i gave them a bit nute. do you think i skould just flush them?

pics:

Attached Files:

14. imo, flushing should be the first thing done when any problems are spotted, especially when the plants are not too big and easy to manage.

so, i would flush them and then let them recover. what nutes did you give them?