250W HPS from general lightning stores

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Foundas, Jan 14, 2003.

1. if the ballast is allready built in then just leave it where it is....don't see any need to have it elsewhere, apart from weight....here's the pics of the light set-uip i have....Peace out...Sid

Attached Files:

2. pic 2

Attached Files:

3. pic 3

Attached Files:

4. ok in the first pic is a view of the room....the steel bar bolts onto both sides of the wall as indicated and has 2 holes in it to line up to the 2 holes in the fixing that you have on the light.....i use a bit of 10mm screwed rod and some nuts and washers to fix it as you can see in pic 3 i think it is.....ps what you see in the first one is my 400w HPS....the 150 MH is on the floor to the left.....a bottle of fert on the left....a magnifying glass, a set of snips, a water gauge and a ph tester.....and at the back right a tower fan.....i only use 1 rod to hold the light as i have a small problem.....in case you didn't notice it's the electricity cupboard....if someone comes to read the meter, everything has to go.......even the light....which at this moment in time takes ages to screw the bolts out.....and then i hang clothes on the hanger.......as for the room temp = the bahamas....well i guess the heating's been on all day....lol.....hope this helps you to handle the light.....Peace out...Sid

5. thanks a lot sid... great help man....

cheers

6. sid, i went to the lightning store and checked out their floodlights. Man, they were hugeeeeeeeee. especially the 250W. it was twice as big as yours. your fitting is the same as their 150W HPS. i think the best way is to take the ballast off and cut the excess plastic. really, the 250W was 12 kgs more or less and dimensions 60x40cm

fuck...it wont' even fit in my closet:)

any ideas?

Foundas

7. yeah that's about the size of mine.....will it fit in the closet....if so....then i'd go with it.....the weight is no factor in mine because the bar bolted to the wall.......you could remove the ballast and keep it seperate.....may even help with the temp if you can run it into a diffrent room, with the available space you've got, it would help.......Peace out.....Sid

8. hey sid.. i was wondering, judging from the pics you posted, it doesnt look like you have alot of ventilation in that closet...

the only problem with the setup that im planning on doing is the smell of 8 mazar plants(VERY smelly) and the sounds of the fans going for ventilation..

i can cure the smell prob with an ozone gen or a hepa filter, but about ventilation.. is it a MUST??

9. yes....if you can control the temperture then, thats good.....but as for airflow for 8 plants, they would highly benefit from a good set-up....unfortunately i have no way to vent apart from opening the room door, but it opens into a hall with no light at all.....hence no-one can see the light from the outside, i also have to do this to control the temp, but if you allready have the temp under control, as a last solution, you could possibly get away with just opening the door a few times each day when the lights on and swing the door back and forward and let them get some oxygen....lol...i'm laughing as this is what i have to....damn i wish i had a gable wall to let the airflow in!.....Peace out....Sid