250w HPS closet NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Smokesalot77, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Im planning on starting a closet grow that will be inside a grow tent thats 36''x20''x62''. Is this enough space to use a 250 watt HPS if I have a 4'' intake using a cheap inline fan from home depot plus a cooltube for the lamp? And can I just leave one end of the cooltube open inside and have it pulling air out through a carbon filter as my exhaust? or do i need to add another exhaust aswell as the cootube? Also, how much of a yield can I expect from this setup?

I've been trying to plan this out for quite a while now so any input that will help me get this up and running as soon as possible will be much appreciated.
    -stay high... peace.

2. Is anyone out there?

3. If you post on ICmag they'll give you a response within seconds.
    on this forum it seems most people just joke.

4. Personally i would use 3 x 4"fans one with your cooltube on the light
    1 for exhaust this one would have the carbon filter on it
    and the last one for intake

you need two 4"fans minimum really
    i have a grow tent and i used 1 4"fan and it got wey too hot and stuffy

hope this helps :wave:

5. I would use 400 watts in that area

6. A 250 will suffice but I'd also prefer a 400 in that sized area. Your yield will vary based on your growing skill and the genetics of the plant as well as how much light you put on it.

7. if he had an auto strain he could give it alot more of the weaker light, and in turn get similar results to a normal strain with the 400w

8. Since most auto strains yield less than non autos, I highly doubt using less light would get the same results.

9. good point, lol im a bit baked,

10. just a bit?

hehehehehe