250 watt hps too much for 2x2 closet/tent?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JAS219, Nov 22, 2012.

1. I was about to buy a 150 Watt HPS light today online when I came across a few more bucks. Gotta love money u weren't expecting till Friday haha. But now I'm startin to reconsider getting a 150 and thinking about gettin at 250 watt. I'd be growing in a 2x2 area startin 2 girls in there. I'd like to eventually have anywhere from 4-6 tho. So I'm hoping to one day upgrade to a slightly bigger area with a couple more plants since you can only really fit 2 Max in there.

ANYWAY, what I wanted to ask was if a 250 watt HPS would be too much heat or light for a 2x2 area? I don't know if it would be too hot prolly manage even with a fan or not. Or if the plants would burn out from all the light. I know I plan to upgrade too but I don't know forsure when ill have more space available to use. It could be a while. I have about 6 ft in height so I do have a decent amount of space to hang the light from also but I don't want any tall ass plants goin in there. I don't know if that would help me decide easier but I figured I'd bring it up anyways haha. Thanks for takin the time to read this and thanks for any response. And Happy Turkey Day!!

And if anyone knows of any legit sites they've gone with before that ship discreetly feel free to add too cus I'm still not too sure on who to order from. I was gunna order from growwurks.com but still thinking about it.

2. If it was me, I would go for a 400 digital balast, lets you turn it the power. I ran a 250 for a year, it was nice, but for one plant only. A 400 can do up to 4 plants easily. The price of digital 400s on ebay and amazon are really cheap.
    that was you can run it at half power for single grows or turn it up for flower, or more plants when the time comes.
    If there is anything Ive learned growing, its to buy more than you need, as you will decide to upgrade, and the resale on this stuff is next to nothing it seems. Good luck.