Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

25% Tax...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EnjoiKush, Nov 9, 2012.

1. I really hate when people use this argument.

I don't want a tomato, do you?

The demand to supply ratio for marijuana is much higher, the health benefits are better then a tomato (for me anyway), and tomato's are not illegal under federal law, and they do not get you high.

2. Close to 10 dollars for a gram?

That's a fat ass dime bag.

3. Im from VA, we keepin it strictly illegal so we, the people, can get this money

4. Love this.

5. Without a great deal of tax revenue legalization will never spread to other states.

Most people don't smoke weed on a regular basis so they need fiscal reasons to legalize.

6. Shit imagine tomatoes made you trip 0_0 :p

7. fck this bullshit and the govt tryna steal my money. neveer gonna buy weed from them pigs...i'll roll out my machete and STILL buy from loco dealers...in your face...2.50$? Nikka fuck it...

8. #28 Iluvatar, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    Actually, a lot I think. Especially since most of the country will still be relying on the black market
    The idea that the black market is about to disappear is kinda silly. We are talking about only 2 states in the entire country where it will be legal

9. The govt fucks you either way but they like to keep all the dumbasses behind bars where they love to fuck you even more.

10. this tax is not bullshit it gives much needed money to Colorado and you can't go straight from illegal to legal no questions asked if i remember correctly a lot of the tax is supposed to go support school you think the tax is bull well here is some news that 25% tax is whats going to decide if other state legalize or if it becomes illegal again

Edit: i think can probably expect a decrease in black market activity in legal state once the program really gets up and running

11. Really, if a tax is the price we pay for legalization then I'm all for it
    IF anything, buying a recreational(not talking about medicinal, way more recreational users) drug deserves to be taxed more than some of the other bullshit in this country

12. It was obvious it was going to be heavily taxed.. Looked at cigs and alcohol? And who knows maybe the weed in stores will be dank because of standards which is probably better than the 10$/g you pick up from your dealer. Weed is legal now people... Stop complaining!!!

13. So hard to please everyone. You guys are given a blessing and you complain?! Look at it in multiple ways before you guys decide to resort to a black market.

1) the tax made helps US citizens , children, ect. Takes the money out of the hands of gangs and criminals.
    2) the price of mj is a made up number created by the black market, $10 a g might not even be the price paid by the customer.
    3) freedom to grow in coloardo.
    4) possible discount for bulk buying?

14. You know what, at first I was kind of upset. However I'm willing to pay the extra dollars so people who are in pain can get access to their medicinde everday. Plus, I'm still pretty content that I will be able to buy top quality buds for under 20$ :smoking:

15. It's going to be months and months until there are any "bud stores", I really hope it's like the Coffee shop set ups in Amsterdam. :smoking:

Prices could be low. Not really sure, can't wait to see what it's like here in WA within a year.