24x24x48 tent what size carbon filter

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Alextorres556, Nov 21, 2016.

1. I'm looking at getting a 24x24x48 grow tent and was wondering what size carbon filter and fan I would need to control odors during flower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I have the same size tent and dont use one

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3. It doesn't smell that bad? And how many plants you growing in that tent

4. Your going to need one for sure. Im new to this too but from what i read you want a filter thats = or grater than the fans CFM. Years ago i had a micro grow and 2 small plants in a cabinet using PC fans with no filter. Its stunk up my entire basement. Once it starts to flower, you will smell it for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have been doing multple grows and i usually have 4 plants but they get pretty big. I didnt have a smell issue since autos have a milder smell. Thats just me though. CHeck out my journal

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh really i didn't know it'd be milder smell. This is my first auto grow ever

7. Trust me autos do NOT have a milder smell just because they are autos. Different strains in general will have different levels of smell regardless of being auto flower of photoperiod. Without my carbon scrubber running my house will completely smell like skunk in 10 minutes with 1 auto plant in flower.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ^+1
    if you dont have a scrubber and you can't smell that the plant it flowering in your house, I'm willing to bet your just used to the smell. There are some strains that are less noticeable smell wise. i haven't used any but I'm willing to bet you can still smell them to a certain extent

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks a lot guys that's what I also thought.

10. You might be right since i been doing it over a year now and it is a small space

11. I dont smell anything. And the photos i ran over the summer smelled way more outdoors especially when the sun was just coming up. Again auto in comparison to photos have a milder smell. I did t day they didnt smell. It just isnt as crazy

• Like Like x 1