24' Travel Trailer Conversion Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TravelTrailerGrower, Apr 21, 2013.

1. I got my medical card almost two months ago and have some nice plants started in a small shed, but last week was given an old 24 foot long travel trailer that was trashed on the inside. I'm in process of gutting it down to the insulation, floors and all.
    I'll take pics showing just how far i'm going later today, taking a break right now. I have a really messed up shoulder so I can't go at it for to long of periods of time before having to rest it.

I'm currently growing two, possibly three types of bag seed plants, all SUPER dank and all so far growing GREAT! Not sure about sexes yet, working on my cloner setup at the moment as well as everything else.

So far this is how i'm planning on laying out and using the trailer and stuff inside it.

Back 7 feet will be turned into a sealed veg room, it will be 7x7x6 overall. I'm going to tack the curtains back up, throw panda film over that, and keep everything looking kosher from the outside, it's really a strait trailer on the outside. I'm planning on having to grow shorter plants, but i'm not to concerned about it, should have room to have them bushy at the least.

The fridge that is in there doesn't work, so i'm going to convert it into a cloning machine that is light proof so I can figure out the sexes of seed plants easily.

The shower I am planning on taking out, it's a plastic molded job, and setting it up on it's side to grow my rooted clones till they are ready for flowering. laying on it's side it will be 2 feet deep, 3 feet tall, and 6 feet long. Figure since I can't really have plants over 3 feet anyways in my flower room, this should work about perfect, should be able to get 4 in there easy.

I plan on leaving the plumbing for the sink and the water holding tank so I can hook up sprayer hoses for watering, instead of lugging heavy jugs around. It also has a nice big gas heater hooked up so I can get a thermostat and have that set to keep the main part of the trailer warm when needed in the winter if the lights are not enough.

Add a work bench, and a small table if I have enough room, build an exhaust fan system to vent out the existing vent on the roof, and setup an area in the front for my mothers, and a rack up high somewhere for drying and curing and this will be a total self contained medical grow operation.

I hope to be totally gutted and putting it back together within a week, we'll see how my shoulder holds out, I build cabinets for a living so I have to make sure I can also make it through the work week. Also means I can get scraps to remodel the inside cutting costs WAY down. And I have the skill and knowledge to put it all back together, hoping I can learn the same level of skills when it comes to growing now!

Here is a Pic of my 3 - 6 week old plants and my 9 - 4 week old plants, healthy and happy under a 1000w MH.

IMG_20130418_213000.jpg

2. Got a little bit of work done this weekend on the trailer! Got the back 1/3 gutted, which was the worst part of the trailer. Now to put a floor back in it, then put up the first half of the new wall. Then I can take out the bathroom, finish the wall across to the other side, and finish the flower room out.

Can't wait to get that done and get the shower out so I can convert it to a CFL Veg box, going to lay it on it's side, 2x6x2.5 it's going to be TIGHT! That and setting up the fridge to be a light sealed cloner box so I can flower out clones on my seed plants to figure out sex without stunting them with the veg/flower/veg/flower routine. I also will have room to build a 2x4 cabinet that is darked out for the last 48 hours of the plants life, to increase resin without messing with the light schedule on plants still flowering. Can't wait to get this all done!!!

IMG_20130420_155823.jpg

IMG_20130420_155902.jpg

IMG_20130420_155914.jpg

IMG_20130420_155939.jpg

IMG_20130420_160025.jpg

3. that plan looks brilliant, cant wait to see it when you've got it all kitted out. Sounds like you've got the knowhow to make it good as well .Subbed

shame about the shoulder, what happened to it?

4. Thanks for the sub! My shoulder is messed up from a football injury from a kid, then I re-hurt it again a couple years back trying to prove to my son I could still dunk a basketball, then hurt it worse trying to rehab it without doctors input. So now I'm on a mission not only to grow my own smoke, but more so to create my own medicated ointment for joint/arthritis pain.

I'm trying to use as much as I can out of the trailer, I even found a 30x handheld microscope with a light that works in there today, SCORE! Can't wait to get to work tomorrow and go through the scrap bin to get what I need to get the floor back down! Hoping to get this thing ready to grow within a week or two!

5. Update:

Got some work done!!! As you can see from the pics I got the room that looked TRASHED cleaned up, patched up, and lined with some free white 1/8" plastic. I still have some work to do on light proofing it, then building in my ventilation, but it's progress!

I also switched my plants to 12/12 last week. Two of the three I started first are Male :( The 3rd I can't tell yet so hoping for female!!! I also had 9 blueberry plants I started, so far two are females and one looks male, waiting to see on the other 6. So now down to 9 plants, only 2 for sure are female so far, keeping fingers crossed!

Attached Files:

6. #6 TravelTrailerGrower, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    Got moved into the trailer! Got the flower room 80% setup, still have to do ventilation  but for now it's working good, just have to open and close the door during lights on/off.  I still have to do the ceiling and walls in the outer/veg room, but I did get the shower up on a stand and have put in a fish tank for my clones, after they take root (hopefully) I'll just take em out of the tank put em in bigger pots, and leave em in the shower under CFL's until ready to flower! 

All my plants have now started flowering. I started with 9 of a berry variety, he can't remember which one, from seed, and 3 misc CHRONIC seeds. Only 1 of the chronics was a female, took 4 clones, if any take the best is becoming a mommy. Of the other 9, 4 where female, so I have 5 NICE females 2-3' tall 2 weeks into flower.  One of the chronic males was so awesome looking structure wise I put it outside way far away from my trailer, going to collect pollen and use it to create seeds on a lower bud so I can look for better mother plants and get something great going I hope, I know it was great when I smoked it :)

7.  Got 4 2700k CFL's today, 100w equivalent (broke one, doh) so I have 3 plus another 6500k CFL same size below my flowering plants, have to get some more 2700k's when I have the money. That's just to add some of the more proper light range and lower lighting to my plants besides the 1000w MH I have hanging above.

They are popping up buds everywhere right now, my best plant probably has 30 or 40 bud sites on it flowering out nicely!  Clones haven't shown any roots, only like 4 days in, but they are all looking REAL healthy and happy!

I also found another seed, which is going right now, just popped out of the dirt yesterday, my luck probably a male or something crappy, but i figured i'd see what it is and give it a shot. Only going to be able to keep like the first 8 of the 10 clones that take root, if that many even do take root, but with 5 nice Females budding out, I can handle that. Hopefully the next 6 weeks are as good to me as the first 10 have been.

8. Took out the CFL's because I need them to get my next round of clones going, but other than that, things are going good so far. Here are a few pics from yesterday which was day 21 of 12/12.

Attached Files:

9. wow !

thats an awesome way to grow !

good luck !

10. OMG making a grow room out of a trailer....what will we think of next? I like it.

11. Update: Going GREAT!

My main plant, the one I knew was going to be chronic, is starting to look just DANK! AND, two of the four clones I took off of it 2 weeks into flower have taken root!!! Ones going to be the my mother plant for future crops, so excited they took root!!!  Also have 3 out of 4 of my berry clones taking root, so next crop plus my mother I was SO hoping for are all under way and doing great!

Tuesday will be 1 month into flower, I have a hard time leaving the room every time I see the tops on this plant ;)
    IMG_20130525_215052.jpg

12. Almost two years later and I'm back! Figured I'd point any old followers interested in doing so to follow my new trailer grow, Breaking Bud - The Perpetual Trailer Grow. I guess you can say Season 2 is about to get started, because I just started work on a much nicer trailer yesterday. This setup is going to be twice as nice as what I'm currently using!!!