24 hour? or 18/6?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kyleschuler, Mar 18, 2013.

1. what's the difference, is it better to have light off for 6 hours or keep the light on 24 hours until ready to flower?

2. This is a widely and openly debated topic! So the answers your gonna get are based on individuals preferred grow method! I've done both and honestly haven't had a noticeable difference either way... I currently go 18-6 if for no other reason than to save on my electric bill:) lol! Good Luck and Happy Growing!!!

3. oh, see that's what I was wondering, if there's really much of a difference, I keep my lights on for 24 hours & it's only 18 days old, see my other posts.

4. During the dark hours the plant rests to gain more energy by laying down more roots and once the light comes on again the plant is ready to give its all . By leaving the light on u r stressing ur plant a bit . It will not kill it but it won't be a very strong and big plant I can tell u that much . I've tried both and honestly the 24hrs light is a bad idea even for auto strains (but I'm sure the next guy on here will tell u I'm wrong and they know the best as that's how most potheads r I tell by trying not by reading)

Here is my girl at 17 days

image-1234813206.jpg

18/6 .
    Hope this helps

5. Yep I totally agree with ever bit this user just said :)

6. I had read in some profesionals books that plant can get as mutch light as u give it during the veg period and u won't stress it.It will keep the photosynthesis.I like to put my plants on 18/16 1 week befor turn lights 12/12-for me seems more natural.

7. thanks for the info, I'm going to start putting them on the 18/6 or even 20/4? I'll read up on it more. :D