24/7 light question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PropheCy604, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Hi!

I would like to know if its possible to light the plants 24/7 with fluorescent until flowering? So, 1 month + on 24/7 light.

steeve

2. yes, thats fine. one thing to consider, though. i used 24/7 for the first two months of my plants lives, and they are very healthy. but what i noticed when i started 12/12 was that in the morning after the dark period is when the plants show the most noticable amount of growth. imho i think plants need at least some amount of a dark period (even when vegging) maybe only 4 or 6 hours of dark. if you think about it all of us who grow inside are trying to mimik nature, and in nature it's not light 24/7. my next grow is gonna get a 6 hour dark period while vegging. maybe results will be better. but, don't get me wrong 24/7 will not hurt the plant, it'll just keep it from getting to it's full potential. i'm sure there is people who disagree but to each his own, and someone correct me if i'm wrong.

3. its in the dark cycles that the plants grow searching for light, the only plant i would recommend flowering under 24hrs of light is the strain lowryder or a lowryder hybrid.

4. no plant not even lowryder wants 24/7 for flowering however, 24/7 is just fine for vegging. you will have increased growth up to 30%. Its real simple as for the rest period, When the plant has all the light it can use it switches to processing(making new growth). however, if you are concerned about the electric bill, you can save 25% by using 18/6 and you will still get to harvest in 3.5 to 4 mo. I recommend that you do not veg for more than six weeks tops. On my current grow, I vegged for 34 days, they were at 15 inches and now in they have started there 4th week of 12/12 and are 41" and I am having to tie the girls down.

5. Thank you guys! Very helpfull!! :)

I will 24/7 them for 3-4 weeks and light them 18/6 for a week or 2 before to flowering them.

:smoking::smoking: