24/7 good or bad.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheHempMan, Nov 5, 2003.

1. ok my plants i have 2 about 3 in and 6 seeds germinating as we speak but i have them growing in my attic and it is november so its kinda chilly up there so i dont really like to run the fan pluss i got to keep those lights on all the time to keep it warm and coozy for my little babys so is 24/7 light ok and i do still run the fan every other day for a couple hours to strengthen the stem any help would be appreciared.

ps.i know i didnt use punctuation o well damn it lol....peace

2. They will be okay on 24/7. Keep the lights on if thats what you need for heat.

But what are you going to do when you flower? Need to be 12 on 12 off for sure then.

3. i know about 12/12 ill probably put them in my closet for there twelve hours of bueaty rest

4. I recommend 18/6 over 24/0 everyday. It mimics tha natural effects of the sun better.

But others growers have thier opinions that 24/0 is best.

5. can some one tell me how long there plants took to get a foot tall because my plants are only three inches tall and they have been growing for two weeks now.

6. Depends on how much light and love you give them. If they are clones or seedlings.

If you got seeds, and just a average amount of light 250w HPS or less I would say its going to take you easy a month, plus.

If you got clones, prob less.

That first 6 inches seems like the slowest growing period. The stem is becoming thicker to support and carry more food, the roots are extending. The plant increases like a ratio. The small plant only makes little leaps, but once it has the circulation structure it will grow in leaps.

Though we all flower at about 12".......my plants wanted to grow (veg) like mad at 12". I bet they went from 12 to 15 inches in the time it took them to go from 6 to 7 inches.

Take your time, let them grow

7. ok there growing under 4 floros 3 25 watt one 15 and an 50 watt hps i have one fan on them other then there shotness im pretty happy about there healthyness

ps i started them from seeds just some bag of bud i got dont really have the money for some good strains so ill do what i can.