24-36 Hours Dark Flowering/ harvest/ clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Infamous 1, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Flowering- I noticed a hugh difference when i put my plants into 24-36 hours of dark before i put them into 12/12. I noticed that they showed sex alot faster then normal. So this is something that i practice regularly before i put my babys to 12/12.

Harvest- Ive try this 24-36-48 hours of dark before i harvested. Its supposed to send your trics into overdrive. It doesnt work for me, not saying that it doesnt work for someone else. But i do not pratice this anymore.

Cloning- Now this is a new 1 that i just read about somewhere. They say that if you put your fresh cuttings in to 24 hours of dark before you put them back under light that it speeds up the process of them taking root. I personally havent tryed this but im very interested on trying this on my next bach of clones.

If you have any feed back on these with your own experiences great. Also if anyone has tryed this with there clones how did it turn out.

~In1

2. i always put plants into 36 hrs. of darkness before flower. dr. greenthumb suggests this, and i've trusted this advice. he's a long time breeder, with some really nice strains.

3. The dark period before harvest is more for deactivating clorophyll so the buds have a smoother smoke and dont smell like grass. Ive found it speeds up the drying process as well, but I think that potency thing is bullshit. I always give my plants at least 24 hours darkness before I cut them down.

4. Might be a good thing to do then if it gets the clorophyll out. Good tip...

~In1