24/24 light schedule for flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Spottythedog, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Can it be done?

2. you mean 24 on and then 24 off? or do you mean 24 hours a day? if its an autoflowering plant then it dont matter what light cycle its on but i have never tried to do 24 on then 24 off and repeat.... good question... but probably wont work

3. well... if you think about nature... there are never times when plants have 24 hours of light quickly followed by 24 hours of darkness over and over and over, if ever lol.....

Id assume it would stress it out and cause some problems, unless its an autoflower

4. yep that was what i was thinking prob make it a male.....

5. What's the logic behind 24 on 24 off?

6. there is none:confused_2:

7. Plants grow in the dark!

8. [quote name='"lancevision"']Plants grow in the dark![/quote]

Not without light lol

They perform other functions of photosynthesis in dark periods but without light cannabis will quickly die

9. Just a thought, wasn't planning on risking hurting one of my babes

• Like Like x 1
  10. If it aint broke dont try to fix it. Stick to the traditional methods of growing cannabis, then once youre more experienced give your 24/24 a try (it wont work).

11. i use clones
    start out 18/6
    week before flower i switch to 16/8(they really get a good stretch during this period)
    then 12/12 till done

12. From all the pages i have read id have to agree with 12/12

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. i use a 24 hour constant light cycle for the first 2 weeks then switch 18/6 for 2 weeks then hit the 12 / 12 never had a problem so far...

14. Why is this even a question? Is there some theory you want to test, something you've heard that you want to prove? Or just "Hey, what about (fill in nutty idea)"?

15. sure only with an autoflower that will form huge buds

16. Lol Im suprised that this question has ever come up on here. I have done 24 on and 12 off and they produce nicely.