24/0

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by herbzzy, Mar 22, 2008.

1. since i just planted my plants after germing...i have put in in fresh soul with all the proper soil and lighting fixtures...i was wondering...since my 6 plant plants are just babys....

is it better to leave the light on it until it grows bigger or start training the plant for the darkness by doing the 12/12...?

2. do the 24/0 or 18/6 until your plants start pre flowering

3. thanx

now should i water it with plain water, nutrients or ???
    i has a friend tell me to mix water salt and sugar in a bottle and spray the plants every 3 days...

comments?

4. idk bout thesugar and shit. but for now just water with plain water. if its from tap u should try letting it sit over night to kinda purifi. nutrients will start in 2-3weeks. but not to much like and 1/8 of the described amount needed cuz u dont want fert burn and shit

5. Salt and Sugar - Your friend is basically telling you to poison your plants. Salt = BAD. Sugar = A joke

Go to the Hydro Shop and buy some Nutrients that suit your budget and you will get yourself a good yield.

6. ok bud,

1st, i would put on an 18/6 cycle or 20/4 as personally i like my plants to get a rest which on a 24/0 they dont.
    also you dont need to train plants for dark periods

2nd,you should'nt need nutes as yet cause your soil should have enough to sustain them for 3-4 weeks(check the NPK of your soil),but get your nutes, so your ready for when you start to apply them.

3rd,heard of feeding with some sugar,NO SALT. but would'nt go that way mate.
    also as said leave your water out overnight to rid it of most of the chlorine & mist 2-3 times a day.

all the best M:smoking:

7. update:

i got the plants on 24/0 for now
    then its going on the 18/6
    then the 12/12

i've been leaving the water overnite to purify it and sprayin the plants at least twice a day...i'll post some pics later...going to work right now.

up dated again!:
    i got a friend on the forum who just reads, she really doesn't post..just reads...
    ( i guess she's afraid that someone might call her a pothead)...right!?...lol

but....

can someone plz tell her that u cannot put carbon rocks in the soil of the plants!..

8. "can someone plz tell her that u cannot put carbon rocks in the soil of the plants!.."

-why would you do that anyway?

9. first break of the night:

she believes it will boost plant growth

10. :hello:

posting the pics tomorrow hopefully:confused:...my camera is no where to be found...:mad::eek::mad:

11. Anyone know if it would be "bad" for them if I changed it to 24/0 since I"ve already got them on a 18/6 veg cycle. Just curious...

12. I'm sure they can handle it.

13. Of course you can put carbon rocks in the soil if you like... what harm could it do?

Some carbon compounds are complex, while others are very simple. Gases like methane and ethane, and liquids like petrol, belong to a family called hydrocarbons, that is, carbon combined with hydrogen. The gas, carbon dioxide (CO2), is simply carbon and oxygen. When carbon joins with both hydrogen and oxygen, it forms fats and oils, as well as carbohydrates such as the sugars and starches found in a great variety of breads, cereals, vegetables and fruit. Proteins are formed from carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen and often include other elements such as sulphur and phosphorus.

Many types of carbon are stored in soils all over the world, and they help enrich plants with nutrients.

I can't see how placing a few carbon rocks in your soil would do any harm at all.