24/0 with clones?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Genocide, Sep 24, 2012.

1. what does this do as far as growing, does it grow faster then geting a nighttime?

does it just grow tall and not out?

if you have experience doing a 24 hour light cycle with a clone let me know thanks :)

2. I've heard dark cycles encourage root growth, which is especially urgent in clones... I'd leave it in there

3. ^I'm with hello ladies. I think it's unnatural for plants to have no dark cycle, there are important plant processes that occur at nighttime. I keep my clones on a 20/4 or 18/6 cycle, depending on strain.

4. I've heard sound arguments for both. I personally use an advise 24/0 but I've seen results with both

5. I've used 24/0 for all my runs, its 24/0 until flower, starting from clone or seed. Only downfall that I can imagine is that the plant feeds continually, its normal feeding is triggered by the lights coming on...thus they run deficient quicker if you don't keep up on feeding (Without going overboard!)

6. I grew from seed but this is what I did:

First 3-4 weeks of veg, including seedling stage I used 24/0
    Final week of veg I went 18/6
    Just flipped the switch yesterday for 12/12

I was very pleased with the results. I advise 24/0 though. No reason not to. faster growth, more light.

7. You can put them in 24/0 without being in direct light as well.Which is what I do.

The purpose of 24/0 mostly is to not have to deal with light leaks in your veg room.Atleast for me,and its perfectly fine reguardless.

However I am starting to do an 18/6 in my veg now as it is more "normal" for most living things to have some dark time.

8. I have used both 24/0 and 18/6 personally I had faster rooting times with the 18/6.

9. i use 24h simply becuse i dont have a timer lieing around but as soon as i get an extra light for flowering i am gonna use a 18/6 simply to cut down on the electricity. i have allways used 24h and seen no adverse effects so i think its just a matter of taste. my stuff roots down just fine

10. I agree. The plants do fine with 24/0 lighting. Jorge Cervantes book points out that cannabis does not require a dark or rest cycle. It's personal preference really. To save some electricity and give your gear a rest then by all means do the 18/6. Otherwise, veg time is reduced using 24/0 and for most people that's a good thing. ;)