23w cfl and 13w cfl

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by EjMadrid, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I have a 23w cfl and a 13w cfl I'm growing 11 plants I know I obviously need more cfl lights but it's all I have for now. my plants are in vegetation mode any advise is welcome

2. #2 killset, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    For 11 plants, pass on CFLs. You'll spend more $$$ buying connectors, splitters, reflectors, cords, etc that it would be less expensive buying actual grow lights, either led or hid. Not to mention the penetration will be a shit ton better. Right now you have 3 watts a plant your only about 97 actual watts a plant short. You need more light and fast, asap. That's not enough for 1 vegging plant

3. I very strongly recommend you either ditch CFLs or cut back to 1 plant.  You will notice almost zero growth with those numbers D=.  I'm about to start my first grow so I can;t say this from experience but I've done a great deal of research!

4. Thanks guys I really don't want to get rid of any of my plants but 11 is a bit much for a 1st timer but I rather put time and money into keeping them I'm just not sure which is the best way also I think they have too much humidity and water they curl upward but some are still wilting

5. If you don't get some light now your not going to have to worry about curling and wilting...they're not going to grow. If your planning on keeping them you need to get it taken care of in the next couple days.

What's your temps and humidity? How often are you watering?

6. Honestly it was a now or never situation to get my plants so of course I don't really have any equipment except the 2 cfls a small heater small fan soil nutrients pots a plastic tub and small shed so I really don't know my Temps and Humidity I water them once a day with nutrient water mix some plants I don't water everyday if the soil is still damp

7. not sure if trolling..

8. Might be over watering if your watering everyday. Or if they're small you might be burning them up with nutes. Seedlings have cotyledon leaves and don't need nutes. Even when they do start nutes, once a day is way too much. But without pics and more information its impossible to tell....

Need to get on the equipment situation though. Also need to get yourself some books or search through the growing guides on here. No offense man, but it seems as though you jumped in with out any preparation or thought.

9. I have the growers bible and I've done my research but some experience beats some research that's why I had a mentor unfortunately my mentor has temporarily bailed so I'm on my own I can upload some pics of my setup if you don't mind looking them over

10. #10 killset, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    You can upload them, but until you get more light there's not much to look at. The plants that aren't directly under the light are going to be light deprived and stretch like crazy trying to get to the 2 insufficient lights you have. Cfls should only be a couple inches away from the plant, so any of them that aren't within a couple inches are suffering. And only gets worse everyday that goes by. Did your mentor think thus would be enough light?

11. No we knew that was the first thing we needed he gave me nutrients and the plants from there I've been going back and forth between Internet and the growers bible

What light are you planning to get? To grow all 11 plants, even if you keep them very small you are going to need a minimum of 600w HPS, 1000w would be better. How many square feet is your grow area that you plan to light up? 

13. You would definitely need better lighting the 13w cfl's aren't strong enough if I'm correct. Like said before if growing that many plants you should look into hps? Or something else because at the end of the day trying to supply enough lights for everyone of your plants with cfl's is going to cost you just as much and yields aren't going to be as expected

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. You've gotten great advice.  Is there someone you can give ten of the plants to? You are much too ambitious, you need a lot of space, ideally one square meter per plant.  I don't manage that much space myself, but it's ideal.  I wouldn't even bother to grow one plant with so little light.  Amazon has some fine lights for very good prices.  I bought a barebones 600 MH/HPS for $140.