23F What's wrong with my girls

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mro1322, Oct 9, 2017.

1. I've been noticing some yellowing around the edges of some leaves. Can anyone tell me what's happening?

I flushed them when I flipped to flowering, and then started them on their flowering nute cycle with Nectar of the Gods nutrients. Also I checked the PH level and it's at 6.4.

1507553749522.jpg 1507553754873.jpg

2. What are you growing in, your grow medium? What NoG line, (ie; basic, advanced, pro), are you using? Are you sure your pH run-off is really @ 6.4? Always make sure your pH meter is calibrated. But one thing is for sure, you are over watering them. Between waterings / feedings, you need to let your pots dry out. Then when you see a few of your leaves drooping at the base of their stem, not at the end of the leaf, as I said at the base of their stem, water them. But for now, I would check your pH run-off, and if that's fine, I would give them a light epsom salt floral feeding because if its not a pH LO issue, its the beginning of a magnesium deficiency. Then if that helps it, I would bump-up your cal/mag supplement when feeding or watering just a bit!

3. Thanks for the quick response. I'm growing in Coco pearl inside 5 gallon smart pots, I have calibrated my pH meter and when I measured the runoff I got 6.4, PH LO was my initial thought as well. Also, I'm using the basic NoG line. If I try the Epsom salt floral feed, how much would you recommend to use?

4. A light feeding would be 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. Also can you tell me why you are using pH 6.4. For me that would be way to high if I was growing in coco anything. My pH while growing in coco is always set to pH 6.1. I always use pH 6.1 when growing in coco because I have found if I go below that cal/mag doesn't get absorbed properly, and if I go above pH 6.2 then other nutrients begin to get locked out. Yes, most people will tell you that pH 5.8 is optimal for coco grows but it really isn't, as cannabis plants need their growing environment to be at least pH 6.0 to absorb cal/mag properly.

5. Actually the only reason I'm doing 6.4 is because the NoG nutes say they work best at 6.4 on the bottle. Would you recommend dropping that down to 6.1 anyway?