20day old plants *pix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NaughtyDread, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Looks like normal bagseeds to me..But they look good.
    It's not necessary to clone the plants at all.Finish this grow and buy some real genetics.
    You can keep them in veg untill they start showing preflowers.Then switch to 12/12 for them to begin flowering.
    You should train your plants so that the side shoots will grow out nicer.They will then become nice colas when you flower them.
    At this point you want to feed them somthing high in nitrogen.

just my 2 cents

2. ive got 2 tied down and 2 fimmed, 12-12 starts in a little less than 2 weeks. yes these are BAGSEED, whats the point of paying someone for genitcs? i can grow clone and cross 10 generations on bagseed to find something i like. i like how i dont know what im dealing with. thats the fun of this whole hobby. may take a year or 2, but the joy! ill have updated pics in a couple of days of my trained and fimmed kidz.

they have plenty of N for now, and i will start feeding them organics on 12-12.

3. Good genetics = good weed.

4. looks like i good some genetically good bagseed. and i do see your point, somewhat.

5. not all bagseed is bad lazy growers with good genetics may leave a undiscovered male in there grow room and seed the whole crop. Same with outdoor if you don't sex the plants before going out and the males mature enought to pollinate you hav eashitload of good genetics bagseed. Take clones thaway you don't loose the strain, but it think you already understand that.

Id like to see hoiw hte FIMing comes out, i toped one of my fisrt plants and it turned out to be a FIM then I purposley tried to FIM 2 of my outdoor plants and it just grewq back and the feeder leaves were just nubs. So dont go to easy with fimming. Ive dropped the high stress training and now believe in tieing down as the best option. My theory is, why try to make new growth tips when you can just use the already started tips at every node. This is my findings after some experience but try it yourself and if you do tie down do it earlkay and make it eays on yourself so you dont have to constantly re-tie.

6. yeah i hope the fimming goes well, i didnt do anything all fancy, i just pulled the top growth with my fingers. hopefully it does what its supposed to do. the other 2 i just tied down. i like stressin and tying, if it comes back, it normally does hard as shit, and you are just that much happier. im going to head over maybe get some pics. laterz and stay tuned...

7. i am back, got some new pictures also, these will be the last pics for a while, because im getting ready to put them under the hps in about a week. theres going to be some aclimation that the plants will have to go through, hopefully they handle and love the new light. here are the most current pics. i tried to get a close up on the red stems, i treated with mg tonight. the same big plant with all the red stems, i thought it had some type of problem, i thought the leaves were cupped. i think they looked that way because i checked on them when they were resting. anyways i treated them all with a minor dose of mg, they all could use it anyways.

Attached Files:

8. this ones got a chewed leaf have no idea how

Attached Files:

9. another, this one i fimmed

Attached Files:

10. red stems

Attached Files:

11. tied down

Attached Files:

12. another one tied... this is the one i was worried about with the cupped leaves and red stems. i also thought i saw some purpling on the leaves, looked like blotches of purple, that seems to be gone also. all that remains are those red stems.

Attached Files:

• dd.jpg
      dd.jpg
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
  13. That botom ones doing awsome. Now theres some nice lower node growth. It looks like the tieing down worked good on her. (?) What miracle grow did you use? Blue would have been best because it has high P value.

14. no miracle gro, i havent even used ferts yet!

15. naughtyDread nice plants definite indica strain. Probably an Afghani.

Its probably too late now, but when you tie a plant down you really need to get the stem horizontal to the ground so the growth hormones get evenly distributed among the growing tips.

They look like healthy plants, keep up the good work.

16. yeah i kinda jacked that one up! you know how it is, there all so pretty and you dont want to mess with anything. im thinking though after i get them under the hps and on 12-12, there going to blow up anyways. 24 days and almost a foot, not bad.

i would be stocked beyond belief if one of my bagseeds ended up being a ghani, i love some ghani. do you think we could visually identify after flowering? even from bagseed?

17. that tieng down helped because if you even tied a plant down you would know if you do it to agressive the leaves dont redirect on the bottom part and they just hang there. If done right they do a wierd twist and turn to face up to the sun , i mean lights :). then you can keep tieng till its more level but having it totaly level isnt neede to make the lower growth pop out i think the extra light has to do with the lower growth along with auxins.

18. what do you think about the stem color though? im heading over today to check on em. sorry there will be no pics. im going to suprise you all next week with the new light and all! ill also get to check the progress of the 2 fimmed plants. from what i saw last, they seemed to keep growing vertically.

19. Mabey you dindt fim enough? Same happened with me when i tried to fim. When i did the fim unintenntonaly i just took snips and hacked up the top of the plant about 2 weeks later 2 new nodes shot out from under the mangled tip and ther were already the 2 top nodes that shot up (well one because I burnt the other on a CF) Eieth er let them go and you will get some screwed up feeder leaves but normal growth, retop them or just train them. Give them one dose of 1/2 strength miracle grow blue 15-30-15 to solve the red stem questions.

20. okay im back, the kidz are doing amazing, the fimming actually did work, all i can say is WOW! same with the tied down plants, growth shoots all from the botom, did some repositioning of the lights and thats it. i treated with more mg today, and ill guess ill find something i can use that has lots of K. i dont want to use any chemicals ferts any one have any ideas on something 15-30-15 i could use as subsitute?