2018 outdoor, indoor 2019?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DrE420, Feb 10, 2019.

1. 6 cubic ft peat moss
    7 cubic ft malibu's compost blend
    4 cubic ft pearlite
    3.5 cubic ft hydroton
    14 bags 5 gal buckaroo worm castings
    plus all the amendments for a "supersoil"
    roughly 200 gal of medium
    35142242_795636997312838_5821752827411693568_o.jpg
    That was last years mix and I was completely stoked with the outcome! Plants never showed any real deficiencies and all I "fed" them was dechlorinated water that I ph'd down using white vinegar. Now this year I wanna grow indoors and would like to reuse/revamp my soil. The only thing I failed to do as far as I know was to add worms, and use a cover crop/straw bed. This year id like to reamend, recook, and add worms. Is this possible? What concerns would you have? Will bugs be an issue since that soil sat outside for a year? Would you just leave it outside and remake a whole new batch for indoor?

2. I would use it. add the worms, mulch and top dress.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. @DrE420 how did you leave last years soil? in containers, in the ground, or on the ground? as with any outdoor soil it would be prone to leaching depending on factors. and, there's always a chance you could introduce some dormant eggs of some nasty insects into your grow room depending on your climate.

i think it's high risk. if i understand your situation correctly i cant see myself doing that except for extreme circumstances. i.e. no other options. but...ymmv.

4. all 3! lol they are in dug out holes in the smarties.... if I was to reuse I would pull everything out of all the pots, reamend, and let sit for 60 days .....would that work?

5. i think you'll get opinions on either choice. at the end of it all you have to make the call. the absolute worst case scenario would be dormant female eggs of mites, or aphids, or thrips. i cant think of any other "bugs" that would be a threat to your grow. if you are in a temperate environment the risk is high. if you're in an environment with harsh cold your risk is lower. dont think it cant happen. it's one of the ways species survive from season to season.

your call mate and if you choose to i hope it all works out well. cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you don't need to, why move indoors at all?

Even in an illegal state I stay outside as much as possible, from seed start till the plants get so large it's foolish to leave them outside.

It's a hella learning curve from outdoors to indoors,

Wet

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. neighboring tree, neighboring security light, overall people security, and I got seeded out by a male near by..... beyond pests and other things I think inside is best for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. i have to lol a little bit thinking back to the days when i grew outdoor in stealth mode. i did it for a few years behind shrubbery, in the nook of some kind of juniper tree, next to the compost bin. whew boy! those plants would typically grow 6'-8' but only 2'-3- off the ground - lst'ed to the max. fun times.

i recall one grower here a long time back that did an outdoor scrog. that was pretty cool.