2016: Rewind

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by spliffington, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Inspired by Wubs, this thread is dedicated to reflecting on real life moments, memes, events, highest sessions of the year, GC threads or posts of interest--anything in 2016 that stuck out to you. Share and reflect with others as the year winds down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Where is Wubs? I miss his rhyming couplets.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Same, I grew fond of him lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. RIP Wubs and Dryice.

Remember when Mid Man posted the "Trump's going to win" thread the day before the election and threatened to show his bulge if he didn't? I thought Mid Man was showing his balls posting that thread because no sane person thought Trump had a chance. Or maybe they did and I was too anti Trump to realize it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Worst moment of the year for me was the death of Prince. Wubs if you're reading somewhere it was close but Prince won out.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Yeah, Prince's death seemed surreal, kind of like Michael's several years ago. David Bowie's too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Speaking of Prince, RIP to the sauciest man alive.

prince-1465499219.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. This was a year of great highs and terrible lows. Fell in love. Broke up, got too involved with someone else too quickly. Went on tour with my band. Made lots of music. Partied harder than i think i ever have. turned 27. quit drinking. quit smoking. started drinking again. and smoking. smoked weed again for the first time in years. got arrested. I currently work for way too many production companies. my mom moved away to oregon. her n my stepdad split, finally. still haven't talked to my dad. I'm currently in the middle of finishing an album and 3 music videos. setting up tour for February. finished my first scoring project for a TV series last week. currently skating on my way to get pizza and a meatball sub down the street from my recording studio.

9. I turned 21. That was pretty cool .

• Like Like x 2
  10. Obama finally got out of office. That's my highlight for the last 8 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 2016 was ok?
    Fuck, think I work too much, the last 10 years all feel the same. Except it's harder to crawl out of bed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. many famous people died this year. Prince, Leonard Cohen, Fidel Castro, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 Zoom Rabbit, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    @WubbaLubbaDubDub, where dafuq you at, Holmes?

If he got banned, I missed it somehow. :GettingStoned:

Wubs has gone missing,
    Perhaps he's just pissing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I feel that. 2016 has felt like my hardest working year. Which probably means this time next year 2017 will feel like my hardest working year.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. It sounds like your band was the highlight of this year. What kind of music do you all play?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. It was quite a year. I became homeless unemployed was driven outta my hometown into some shit hole have been arrested a few times.

I'm grateful for all this though I met some new good friends this year got a better job now I even got my own place now. That was a year I hope the recent upwind continues 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dicks out for Harambe.

Never forget.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Started out brutal; exhausted by the endless research pounding, fed-up with my field and it's dull, passionless logic, socially ostracized by distance and by forewarning, terrified over the direction of politics in my region, broke, dead broke, constantly hanging over my head;

Which makes the contrast so extreme

Finished my thesis just in time not to have to work, got lucky meeting the right man to make the right financial advice at the right time, moved to a new country, bought my first house, rejoined my oldest and truest social circle, reconnected with my mother, fell in love and acted on it, can sink my shoulders and relax over the long-term direction of politics in my two home countries, and changed my last name to honor my dad and cement that side of the family into my heritage after a long childhood without it.

At peace, and wiser about myself. Looking forward to 2017, in which I'll take up a new craft and build on my favorite relationships

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm assuming you changed your name to your dad's. That's some good shit. It makes a person feel good when their name and genetics are passed down, that's what makes us immortal.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yeah, exactly. My mom's still got first rights on last name, still rocking that, she earned it, but my dads is in there too now.

You hit the nail on the spot, I really got him and my uncle with that move. There's a lot in a name.

• Like Like x 1