2016 New England Organic Outdoor Grow. (Crop 1)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by timhdr1, Mar 10, 2016.

1. #1 timhdr1, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    After having a successful first grow last year despite my caterpillar issues right before harvest, I decided to actually document the grow this year to gain some insight from the members here and to have something to look back on and see mistakes that need not be repeated.

Lets cover some logistics. The grow space. I have an attached to house greenhouse, heated, in which I have added supplemental lighting 6 (40w or 150w equiv 6500k CFLs) and a 50w 4ft t5 strip fixture. The plan is to just use the lights for only a few hours in the morning and a few hours at night to make up for the shorter spring days in new england. Once i see that the days are getting longer and the plants are all vegging nicely they will be re-potted and moved outside to the deck which gets a solid 10 hrs of direct sunlight in the summer. I will be experimenting with a couple of my Autos this year by keeping one or two under the cfls longer each day to see what impact the extra light really has. I will be starting all my plants from seeds planted directly into my own starting soil mixture in wicking type Styrofoam planters. The Autos as I found last year are sensitive when being transplanted so I will plant those into individual 5" peat pots.

March 5 2016,
    I planted my seeds this morning. I tried the paper towl method last year with a few and was not impressed by the rate of germination. I'd much rather not risk damaging the seedling and just plant it right into soil. Photoperiods went into 2 wicking trays and the autos each went into their own peat pots.
    Heres the Lineup this year:

PhotoPeriods
    Hollands Hope x3
    White Widows x Big Bud x2
    Blueberry x2
    Acapulco Gold x3 **From Barney's Farm. I grew these last year and absolutely blew me away. Best Strain**
    Panama x2
    Lemon Haze x3

AutoFlowers
    White Widow x2
    Panama Lime x3
    Fantismo Express x2
    Black Cream x2
    Jack 47 (Jack Herer x AK-47) x2

March 9, 2016
    last night i noticed that only one of the Jack 47 had poked their head up but this afternoon after work about 80% of the rest of them poped. Lights will go on tomorrow as I still have not hung or powerd the t5 fixture yet.

• [​IMG]\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t

All are the same basic product.. BT-k.. Applied every week during flower is needed here in So Cal or the moth caterpillars will destroy the whole crop.. It's a short life biological with a very narrow range of effectiveness.. Best applied in the early evenings as sunlight destroys it in just a few hours..
    I run a bug zapper as well..

BNW

2. Oh man it's not pest season already is it whaaaaaaaa! Another chore to add to the list hahahhahahhaha

High Moral!

3. Greenhouse you have sounds really good though you realize what your talking about has you harvesting in like six months!....?
    Beside the autos of course those will be done after only a hundred days man that all seems kinda crazy when you say it out loud .

High Moral!

4. Yes i realize. Right around sept/oct Ran the same schedule last year. It allows me to free up my greenhouse for the other plants i start in may. It doesnt hurt the plant to veg longer. Because i do another auto grow starting in may-june once the crop i have now goes outside, i actually end up harvesting 3 times a year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fellow east coaster would love to see an update on your outdoor plants

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah man how are your plants doing? I'm a fellow on the easy coast as well

• Like Like x 1
  7. what soil recipe did you use for this grow last year my fiend??