(2014) PAX by Ploom review - First post

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by keepcalmandblock, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Sleek, stealth, and portable. Those are the words that come to mind when I look at this device. Aside from the Pax, I've had a handful of experiences with vaporizers, but this definitely lives up to the hype in my opinion. It really boils down to user preference.

PROs
     - It's practical and it looks nice. 2 really good combinations.
     - Battery life is good to the medium/frugal user. Up time is around 1-2 hrs of -constant- use to give you an idea. It takes about an hour to charge. The Pax comes equipped with a 2600 mAh battery.
     - There are plenty of tips and tricks to increase your proficiency with this device. It takes practice but its rewarding. (And healthier compared to traditional combustion)
     - This was the reason that made me buy the Pax: It's portable and very stealth. Works great for communtes and bathroom breaks when done intelligently.

CONs
     - Requires constant cleaning. (It is highly recommended to constantly clean it for peak performance)
     - Although this device has a 'party' mode feature, this is not ideal for a large party group. I feel it works best solo or at most with another person for maximum effectiveness. IMO.
     - Price point will drive people to look elsewhere. 250$

I do insist on not letting the price point drive you away. This is one HECK of a device. Hands down such a great experience to use especially on-the-go. This is as stealthy as it comes and it looks good through its simplicity. I would recommend it to anyone.
    10/10

Attached Files:

2. I too would highly recommend this product. I cannot emphasize how beautiful of a device it is, seriously one of the most beautiful consumer products since the iPhone. If Steve Jobs used a vape this is the one he would buy. It just works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. This may be the iPhone of the weed world but the mflb is the android of it! And i think we all know which ones a better buy.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. MFLB is a cheap Android you get for $50 the Pax is the Samsung flagship model

5. This looks too fancy pancy for me. I'm just trying to cook the weed long enough to release a THC smoke not solve quantum mechanic problems. MFLB is wonderful by itself, but this is the creme dela creme of blazing without a budget. 

6. Funny that the OP fails to mention the MAIN con of this vape.

7. Which is?

8. Conduction.

Conduction without the ability to instantly apply heat only when you are drawing from it, which causes it to be constantly cooking your herbs which has a major affect on efficiency, taste, and smell..    Compared to some other portables on the market, the Pax is a weed hog that smells more during use and loses the great taste of the bud after the first few hits due to this issue.

10. Please note this is my first post as written on the title. I'm still learning much about the Pax from reading what other users post up as I just got it earlier this week.

For me, I have a low to medium tolerance, so it doesn't take much to get the job done. I also like to conserve, so I bought brass pipe screens in order to help with it hitting. Still learning all the tricks though!

11. This is true, it does hog the herb. There are workarounds that can be a bit annoying, I usually heat my oven up a tadbit before I load up my pax. This fixes that issue to a certain extent. It's not a perfect device, its all about making the most of it though.

12. I guess my next question would be: What do you guys think is a portable, stealthy vapor that is also effiecient with saving herbs while getting the job done?

13. #13 lwien, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    MFLB.    VERY stealthy.......actually smaller than the Pax and more stealthy because it smells a whole lot less, and, it is one of the most efficient portables on the market.   While it too is conduction, the heat is only applied and applied instantly,  when you are hitting it.   When you are done hitting it, it almost instantly goes to cold.

But there are things that are better about the PAX than the MFLB.    If you want a high-tech looking device, the PAX is more appealing.   If you want to pack a LOT of bud to take with you when you are out and about, the PAX has a larger bowl.   If you want a more voluminous hit, the PAX will provide that.   If you don't want to deal with external batteries or butane, the PAX would be a better choice as well.

There's some other great portables on the market as well.

It's all a matter of what is important to YOU.

14. Just picked up my new pax yesterday! I have a digital volcano for home so i wanted something that had the same quality vapor that i get from the volcano. Pax is by far as close as it gets. I really am enjoying it and got it for 20% off at my LHS so the price was superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

For me, I don't like the vapor quality that comes out of any bag vape, including the 'Cano.

When you say that the Pax is BY FAR, as close as it gets to the vapor quality of a Volcano, let me ask you a question.    Have you tried other portables like the MFLB, the FireFly, the FlashVape, the Solo, the Cera, the Ascent, the Lotus, etc etc etc to help validate what you're saying for you may find that some other portables surpass the 'Cano's vapor quality.

16. I have tried the solo, firefly,MFLB, ascent. I still find the pax to bring the closest quality vapor to the volcano. This is all opinionated as well. Just because it is something i myself have found to be true, does not make it what it is. It's what i personally was looking for in a vape and what i have comcluded. Perhaps other volcano user's may find my input useful to find a portable with same quality vapor.

Point taken.   Thanks for the clarification on that.

18. Sorry, just high as shit and the cryptkeeper is funny as hell; I just hear him saying "hahahahahaha kiddies"

Na really tho.

I have a solo. I like it because it a good companion for a volcano and the glass tube. 

19. No problem! I should have not said by far if i havent tried every portable on the market.

20. I had the pax but it was too much hassle to keep clean enough to work, the flight-box is fantastic if you're looking for something that does the job while still being sort of aesthetically pleasing. The pax did look slick, I wish it took less maintenance though.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app