2014 Growers Challenge

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mjmama25, Aug 30, 2014.

1. #1 mjmama25, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    I didn't plan on making a challenge thread this season, but it seems there is a need for one after all. The late start will save us from all the boring seedling pics and cut right to the good stuff anyway. THE BUDS!!! Anyone from any location is welcome in this thread as long as you like to grow, and have pics and knowledge to prove it. No drama, just growing like we came here for. This isn't FB...

I'm an organic gardener, prop 215 personal use. Raised beds. Super soil. My biggest plant this year is 10x10 ft. If any of you have something bigger and better, I'd love to see it. No hurt feelings in this thread.

My Sour Kush
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. My super soil recipes for small and large batches. I encourage you all to share your soil recipes too. We can help a lot of gardeners with the knowledge we have and keep a lot of chemicals out of people's meds.

I used per plant (approximately 6x8x3 of used previously amended soil)
    1 bag bumper crop compost
    1 bag worm castings
    1/2 bag chicken manure
    5 lbs kelp
    5 lbs alfalfa
    3 lbs guano
    3 lbs rock phosphate
    4 lbs bone meal
    1 cup blood meal
    10 cups rock dust
    4 cups green sand
    4 cups lime
    3 cups oyster shell
    2 cups azomite
    1/2 cup humic acid

For Smaller Batches
    2 cubic ft organic soil
    5 lbs worm castings
    5 lbs compost
    1/2 lb kelp
    1/2 lb alfalfa
    1/2 lb steamed bone meal
    1/4 lb blood meal
    10 ounces high p bat guano
    6 ounces rock phosphate
    2 cups rock dust
    1/2 lime
    1/2 cup azomite
    1/2 cup green sand
    1/2 cup oyster shell
    1 tablespoon humic acid

3. Is this the regroup spot?

4. It's certainly an option. I hope everyone comes back and chills out here. I'd also like to see some fresh faces. Not fresh trolls but fresh talent. ;)

Some bud shots. My 2 favorite plants are late finishers, but here we go with the others. My cookies got fried and is still budding up nice. The mystery plant is small but ooh so frosty. She looks like the prize plant. The little ones always are. Sorry the pics are shit. The flash blinds the shot.

Cookies
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Mystery plant. This is either Cheese, C99, or 818 Headband.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

5. I'm all got new friendly faces but these trolls and entitled noobs can stay away. Not saying noobs are welcomed they just need to understand their spot.

6. I started a challenge thread but it got left to the wayside after my season ended before it began

7. That must have been when I wasn't online as much, or I was just too stoned to remember. :p

It's cool though. I always used to have the challenge threads. It's like old times. These threads are how most of us got to know each other.

8. nostalgia is never a bad thing. Always loved the challenge threads of old

9. I'm getting ready to brew a tea to feed the ladies. Been doing weekly feedings, trying to be more organized.

2 cups guano
    2 cups bone meal
    per 50 gallons water

OR

1/4 cup guano
    1/4 cup bone
    per 5 gallons water

You can go heavier or weaker based on how greedy your plants are and how strong your soil is. Always best to start low and work your way up.

10. Here's what's going on up North..... IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0702.JPG IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0704.JPG IMG_0705.JPG IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0708.JPG IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0713.JPG IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0715.JPG IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0723.JPG

11. And my veggies....
    IMG_0719.JPG IMG_0720.JPG IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0722.JPG

12. Did you use your SS for your veggies also? Watcha growing?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 RichardDean, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    No I actually have no super soil right now. My ganja is in mendo mix further amended a bit and the reason they lost alot of their N during the move the stress just threw em into a funk but they are kinda coming back now that I switched to liquid nutrients to finish them off. The veggie beds were already here I just threw castings and insect frass down.

14. Oh man. What a bummer. So what happend to all that soil? Gave it back to the earth?

15. Purple romaine, sugar snap peas, and pole beans in the pictures. Got dill, carrots, broccoli, and baby spinach going too

sold it to the landowner.

16. Pots too, cause the ordinance may change so in that case they got pots and soil already setup.

17. Dam I bet that soil was well cycled. He will love life if ordinance changes. If not he will have indoor soil for years haha

18. Anyone happen to play any android games? Online? Just curious.

19. That's so freakin awesome to be able to spread the plants out with so much space. That must really help with pest prevention. I can't wait to see what you can do with that space next season. Show em how it's done. ;)

20. #20 Serfdumb, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    I think I just posted this pic over yonder, but here is my entry, skywalker, crowded, this side of the garden was light dep that just got harvested, hence the lack of low foliage

Attached Files: