2012: Science or Superstition

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by smilesaregood, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Ok, ok. I would be fine with a small black hole opening in the LHC, causing every one on earth to be sucked into and alternate smurf dimension. We all knew that the LHC would do this eventualy any ways......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ok I couldn't keep a straight face on that one lol.

2. They already tested the LHC and nothing bad happened.

3. That's just what the super secret shadow government wants you to think.....lol. No, I knew before they fired it up that nothing would happen. Read up on black holes a while ago, and basically they have a limit determined by their size or something like that that limits the amount they can intake....that is a very poor explanation but it gets the gist of it.

4. Hey Buddy- OMG- I could tell in the first 30 sec. it was BS. He has terrible body language and is not very well versed on the subject . Nice vid! goes to show you can make (or waste) money doing anything. ps- love the vetran status.
    Common Sense??? Ya right! It really is sad that people can not just trust themselves anymore. I think it is a total loss. If anything, I am hoping for all the stupid evil bastards to be whipped off the earth and the honorable people can start everything over. Ahhhh, in my dreams. And then I wake up and read the paper.....
    Why is weed illegal again?

5. 2012.. yeah i feel like a series of natural events could and probably will wreak havoc on the earth and kill a lot of life. who knows but I'm just saying that we all need to keep our minds open and eyes peeled over the next year and a half.

6. then again maybe not :)

7. idk if its true or not but it would be crunk if during 2012 judgement day occured or something i mean yea it would be the end witch i would not mind one bit but also just to be able to witness such an event would be epic.

8. In ninth grade before I knew any of this 2012 stuff, I learned about the solar cycle and what not and had the feeling sometime in december 2012 "the end of the world" would happen. But my view on it is, a the majority of the population will parish, technology will cease, and the humanity left behind is left recreate and evolve (basically part of the evolution cycle). not the end of all existence.

Present time, I read about all these 2012 theories and reasons backing it up. how coincidental it is to be the same time I felt. I also have had a lot of trips and experiences that relate to mayans and 2012, which futhur reinforces my delusional or not so delusional belief

9. I am not trying to be mean, but this has nothing to do with science. The one thing about 2012, is other then a VERY accurate calender, there is nothing else scientific to go on. No observable occurrences, no groupings of observable occurrences, and no hypothesises to go on other then speculation on religious events.

10. #30 One Truth, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    The bees are predicted extinct by 2012, the solar cycle starts over dec 2012, The solar winds and rays from the sun will be at their strongest and will easily breach earths magnetic field, reversing the poles and frying technology. That is my scientific hypothesis, hypothesis are educated guesses.

Anything is speculation or just theories and that is why you have to wait till 2012 for your answer. There is tons of little scientific tidbits of the planetary movement relating to the same date.. but where does it say I have to post based on scientific evidence? Science does not answer or predict everything, if it did we could tell the future, meaning everything isn't always changing

11. #31 Kush Lord, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    Jebus is coming

12. telling the future is complete bullshit
    ok so some dude tells the 'future' and all that jazz

ok so he told teh future, what now??
    its nothing mor than the power of suggestion
    like hypnosis
    you cant 'tell the future'
    then it happen and people say it was true
    thats bullshit
    because he can say its gonna hapen
    and someone somewehre out there is gonna fucking act it out

thats why its fucking stupid
    if theworld ends naturaly or because of us
    who cares
    either way its our fault

youd be ignorant to say global warming isnt happening
    you obviously havnt learned Anything about the world or life.
    as for 2012
    im so fucking tired of hearing about it
    WHO GIVES A SHIT
    just live 2010 for rite now
    2012 is on its way
    dont expectso fucking much.
    peace

13. Nothing will happen. Just like nothing has happened on a any other doomsday dates. Even if there was an apocolypse on the way (which is inevitable at some point in the future), you could NEVER predict the exact date of it happening short of being able to see the asteroid flying towards Earth. I can't beleive that people still beleive in these things. How many failed doomsdays does it take before people will realise it's all BS?

14. %100 superstition. the mayans themselves said it wasn't the end, but the beginning of a new era. Its pundits that get way to much air time that fabricate such sensational stories.