2012 President Very Important?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by PinkFloyd24, Feb 15, 2011.

1. In my opinion, we should stop looking to presidents to fix any problems.

2. i mean he could be all for the legalization, but how do you really know.
    politicians are politicians, alot of them would say anything for the vote. i really want to believe, but i don't my hopes to get shot down...

3. The one president who WILL reform drug laws. A 100% Guarantee. A vote for Ron is a vote for real change.

4. At this point and time all we really have is the prezs "promises"

If anyone is going to majorly change laws etc...Ron Paul is our man.

I shuddered a little when i typed "CHANGE"...where have I heard that before?:rolleyes:

5. Yeah, this is my stance pretty much entirely, minus ron paul.

C'mon, you'd have to be stupid not to vote for the guy. He is the only politcian who would change anything.

6. Were you one of the people who thought Obama was going to be God?

Sorry if you weren't but your post makes me think that

7. #8 Lebowski, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    President's can't get anything changed because of congress continuously cockblocking everything.

8 years of Bush makes any politician look better.

8. Ron Paul has a tendency to win online polls because his website has a massive throng of forum-followers who can coordinate their voting. His suporters are very dedicated, thats why he was always voted as "winning" the televised debates in '08 when he basically just sat there and got attacked or ignored the entire time. His supporters flooded the phone lines.

9. hahah ron paul wants to legalize all drugs..so hopefully he at least manages legalizing weed. but id be happy if he manages to get rid of all drug bans because that has been my stance for a while.. not that i think it will happen.

10. haha hell na. I don't even pay much attention to elections. It's kind of a joke to me

11. Politics suck.

12. Beat the hell out of McCain/Palin. I thought of him as the lesser of two evils.

And I vote so I can bitch about politics. If you don't vote against someone, then you cant complain when they are in office.

13. What about the continued busting of MMJ clinics in California? This was suppose to stop and it has nothing to do with Congress. The Prez could single handedly end it and he hasn't. Nor did he need to parade out Eric Holder during the Prop 19 campaign. Obama has dropped the ball on this issue and it has nothing to do with congress.

14. I don't vote. At least not in national (i.e. presidential) elections. Local government is something very near and dear to me and I would never miss a local election. I don't complain about whoever is in office, I complain about all politicians in general. Just as our freedom of speech allows us to say whatever we want as well as to NOT say whatever we want, we all have the right to NOT vote. Our country has convinced everyone that we have to vote no matter what, so throngs of unintelligent kids show up to the polling place on Nov. 2 casting their vote based off of who has the nicer haircut. Is an uneducated vote worse than an abstained vote?

I see no need in supporting the lesser of two evils. I would never consider voting for someone whom I loathe, even if they are better than the alternative. I think there are only a handful of people in this country who are truly capable of running this country, but unfortunately none of them run for president. Or should I say, none of them have the hundreds of millions of dollars required to win a presidential election, or even get their names on a national ballot.

God I hate American politics.

15. Any revolutionary change must be done through the people not through presidents or congress. A president might have plenty of ideas but once he gets in office barely any of them will be done just like Obama.

16. Very true. The President will also be the scapegoat for taking blame for things that get shot down that aren't necessarily his fault.

Truly radical changes, like Marijuana legalization, won't be achieved by politicians, you can count on that. Hell, any kind of change is absurdly difficult to successfully drag through congress unless it leaves a trail of Benjamins in it's wake.

17. New Prez + Old Congress = Status quo

New Prez + New Congress = Change

gotta get term limits established for congress

obamster proved to be a puppet either way but yeah, congress is where our problems are

18. Well, considering that The President has traditionally been the position of power that has influenced many things in the past (love Reagan all you want, but he didn't exactly help with regards to marijuana laws or public opinion with his propaganda bullshit), we certainly cannot sit back and not give a fuck who sits in that seat.

I mean I agree with what you're saying, but unfortunately, Congress and the POTUS are still THE lawmakers, and since the current laws are creating a lot of problems, we can't help but look to them to at least help resolve issues.

If you truly want to look to "fix" problems, you have to go to the root cause of most of them. Lobbyists.

Lobbyists are truly the influential ones. No, they are not "running" the country, but much like a mother-in-law on a cross-country road trip, they're sure as hell gonna tell us where to go and how to get there.

The problem is most people don't speak the official language of Lobbyists. I call it the "GAC" language (Greed And Corruption). The dialect is usually best understood with palm grease and pocket lining, as Congress has proven time and time again.

19. The president in most cases is just a figurehead. if obama came out today and siad "today i'm signing a bill that would repeal marijuana prohibition", congress would just shoot it down. did you know congressmen have no term limits? these assholes don't retire until their 90 years old. that means there are a bunch of old fucks still believing reefer madness bullshit in congress. change COULD possibly come in the future when most of these oppressive assholes will finally die and younger blood finally moves in. even then, the current pres is going to have to have the balls to sign siad bill. i could go on and on...........how about the dea? all the jobs lost and moneys from property siezure? i don't give a fuck but that will be an arguement at least in thought. dea has WAY too much power. it seems like the pres can't control them. they sure didn't seem to care too much for "there will no longer be raids on legal marijuana dispenseries". not trying to be fatalistic but these are hard, cold facts.