2012 Outdoor

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Smokey28, Mar 22, 2012.

1. [quote name='"BuzzLightOne"']From what I read, it sounds like you know what you are doing to me. The plants look fine. :smoke:[/quote]

Thanks, i'm starting to get an auto-watering system in place. Have you ever done that before?

2. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

This plot looks great. Good job! You'll love growing outdoors. It has it's challenges but it's so much easier that indoor IMO. Plus the yield can't be beat. :)[/quote]

Thanks too. Yeah i'm having a good time doing this.

3. That's awesome. I haven't done that. I just carry out gallon jugs of water. :(

I can't wait to see what you come up with :smoke:

4. Just finished my grow cabinet to house my seedlings :)

Attached Files:

5. nice! looking forward to seeing where this goes

6. [quote name='"chronicTRE"']Just finished my grow cabinet to house my seedlings :)[/quote]

Looks nice, what type of lighting do you have in their?

7. [quote name='"BuzzLightOne"']

That's awesome. I haven't done that. I just carry out gallon jugs of water. :(

I can't wait to see what you come up with :smoke:[/quote]

Yeah, thats what i've been doing. It'll be pretty cool to just have to fill it up every few weeks.

8. Went out to the plot today, got some more pictures. They'v grown a lot more since the last time I was out their. I'm starting to love doing this outdoors.

image-2792781306.jpg

Got a picture of the stem.

Attached Files:

9. Some 23w CFLs 1600Lumens/ea. I wired it all myself using supplies from school.

Plants are looking good!

10. Thanks, i'm probally going to top them in another week. How long are you planning to veg them in their?

11. I'll be vegging for probs a month, maybe a bit less. They already popped the soil and have 4 leaves growing nicely. I'm expecting to see some rapid growth, especially since I'll be boosting that cabinet up today from 69w & 4800 lumens, to 138w & 9600 lumens. Gonna get some y adapters and add 3 more bulbs.

Hopefully my seeds arrive soon. I got 3 autoflowering seeds on the way. Should I start them inside and move them out after? Or start them outside...

12. I wouldnt start them outside. I would keep them indoors for about 1-2 weeks, and then put them outside.

13. Alright that's what I was thinking. Too many things could go wrong starting it outdoors in the woods.

I'm excited to see how much my little girls have grown today when I get home. Over night they skyrocketted.

14. Yeah, putting seedlings outside isn't the best idea, I tried it one time, but after a few days of it growing, it just got destroyed,
    Do you have a journal with the ones your doing right now?

15. Just picked up 2 more bulbs and some splitters to complete my 9600 lumen cabinet :)

I'll start a journal just for you :)

16. Alright cool, i'll be checkin in on it.

17. Here ya go ... this is how I do mine... :D

Attached Files:

18. Haha, nice. Is that chain used to lower and raise the wood that your lights are on?

19. #59 BuzzLightOne, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    Yes, it moves the lights up and down as needed. :smoke:

20. Update:

Went back out to water them. It hasn't been raining around here for a while, cant wait till I have all the parts to set up the watering system! :)
    I also topped them all.

image-217865932.jpg

Heres a picture of my dog if anyone wants to see it.

Attached Files: