2012 December 21st...Doomsday

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by XplosioN, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Personally, I don't buy it. But that's not going to stop me from going to the bar on Dec 20th with the line "You know, the world could all end tomorrow. We should enjoy what might be our last day on Earth to the fullest.":D

2. fuckin creative man...+rep

3. Just found an interesting website about Nostradamus. It explains his Adolph Hister and 9/11 predictions and concludes that Nostradamus never predicted the end of the world, quite the opposite. It's worth nothing as "proof", but I found it very interesting:

http://www.armageddononline.org/nostradamus2.php

4. Personally, i believe some of it. I don't believe the world will end but i do believe something big will happen. At least if it did end i dont have to worry about cancer and other shit... :)

5. "The Day After Tomorrow"

6. my friend believes that on this date the human species will have reached the height of knowledge, everything else from that point forward will be down hill. even though i believe we are already heading down hill, it makes more sense than other shit i have heard on this thread.

that would scare the shit outta me.....

7. I think people are looking at this too black and white..

The mayans call it the end of a cycle, the end of the world as we know it

Well I see that being very possible..

Look at where we are now...Global economy racing towards the pits...Iran getting nuclear....our pace of technological development in 10 years today is similar to 1000 years 500 years ago. We are working on the LHC which no one knows what it will do, and its possibly going to tear a wormhole into 1 of 11 theoretical dimensions that probably exist yet we can only see 3 of them..

I mean fuck...who knows whats going to happen in one year, let alone four. I think we are on a steep decline and we'll change dramatically somewhere around 2012-2014..But not on one single day.. This is a process thats been going on since the beginning of everything

8. Agreed, we are moving faster and faster when it comes to technology so somethings gotta give

9. K i dunno but i got one question. Are these sun spots gonna make my plants grow better?:smoke:

10. Let me say that i have been researching the whole 2012 phenomenon for over 5 years now, and there are so many theories with good facts to back it up....but the fact that there are so many theories and all non-conclusive...well one can only say that i believe SOMETHING will happen on dec 21 2012 11:11 am universal time. what? i cant really say although i have some ideas on what might happen...all which are of global concern. although not all necessarily in a bad sense.

11. Lol hopefully :D

12. +rep... im putting this in my sig!!!

13. LOL at everyone who voted yes..:rolleyes:

14. your friend is stupid. How could you possibly think that in 3 years there would be nothing else to build upon, its called technology man..we are learning new things all the time

15. #75 gonemadwithmary, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    I doubt the world's gunna end in 2012. REALLY doubt it. When the end of the world really does end, it'll be because of our own actions, not some "prophecy".

What would be really tight, and I think everyone should think about this possibility, is if beings from other galaxies (aliens, duh) revealed themselves to us..

We've all heard about the Mayan's crystal skulls and all that shit, and how intriguing they were because at the time it would've taken hundreds of years to sculpt them because of the tools they would've used. There's a theory that the Mayans were in contact with "aliens" (who fuckin' knows if it's true or not), and maybe the reason why their calendar ended on December 21st of the year 2012 is because the aliens they were in contact with planned on revealing themselves to Earth and perhaps showing us some sort of secret that'll change everything? Or maybe they'll just kill us all and it really will be the end of the world. :p EDIT: But, for one, why would they want Earth? This has to be the shittiest planet out there! And for two, killing us for no reason whatsoever wouldn't be productive at all. If there really are other beings out there that are smart enough to be capable of traveling as far as they'd have to to get here, I doubt they'd be dumb enough to wipe out a whole planet just for kicks.

It'd be tight as hell if aliens revealed themselves to us 3 years from now, though.. One can only hope. :eek:

16. All of this 2012 stuff just seems ridiculous to me. To be honest, I think the fear that it creates in some people may cause some chaos by some crazy fucks (blowing shit up for instance), but the worlds not going to end. I just think the world will just continue as usual.

17. the date is just a statistical coincedence

the design of the mayan calendar has both beginnings and endings, by design (there are a finite number of combinations). the fact that it *may* line up with some beginning point is arbitrary, and not widely accepted.

and then there's the whole idea of the 'next phase' so to speak, which iirc is something a mayan would have told you if he were around today. not the end, period.

kinda like how on december 31, its time to get a new calender. there are only so many days in one calender year (365), so you have to start over. the mayans were lazy in this sense, and decided to do it on a slightly larger scale.

18. lmao lazy. dude i hope so cause all this other shit freaks me right the fuck out! it real good for stoners to have a place to got talk about this cause im always goin in the what if direction. this makes me feel way better.

19. Thats not what a prophecy is.

A prophecy is "the world will end because of you, and we're telling you that this point in time will be XX:XX"

20. that would be a prophecy.

the mayans dont say "fire from the skies, seas of blood, then nothing"....they say new phase, or some synonymous shit like that.

modern society has 'reasoned' that there should be some implication to their choice of date. thats bullshit. there is nothing PHYSICALLY significant to the earth on dec 31/jan 1, its pretty much like the day before it and the day after it. yet we arbitrarily assign this day as our calender renewal point.

use occam's razor. is it more likely that the mayan's had some futuristic knowledge that we still dont possess, and were able to foresee mankinds demise with the gained insight and map out their calender of existance accordingly?

or maybe that its just a random date.

if youve ever seen a mayan calender, its based on a series of inlayed concentric circles, each seperated into sections...kinda like a dartboard.

well, you start in the middle, and work your way outwards slowly. one full rotation in the middle yields one click on the next wheel. once wheel 2 rotates once, you click wheel 3 once

you can see that if you have several layers of circles, with a dozen or so selections on each, that youre able to create quite a large combination of unique alignments. but, its not infinite.

like I said. its not significant, its the end of a cycle...we just ended 2008, they mayans are about to end 0001 lmao....i actually think I heard someone say it would be 0003 or something, but thats irrelevant