2012 December 21st...Doomsday

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by XplosioN, Feb 17, 2009.

1. #41 sativamonk78, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    Well the mayans also had domesticated turkeys, as for the metals, I feel it is the fact they had no competition really. I mean you look at most societies in the world, there is not a huge need to push technology forward until you have a aggressive competitor threatening to kill you. The most recent example of that was the cold war, tons of people at nasa actually have conceded to saying that funding for NASA has dropped since the cold war ended and that some of them even wish it was still going.

I think the fact the mayans were so isolated, had no real competition, there was no need to strive for something better, they could get by with less.

2. #42 sikander, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    That's an interesting point. I think it's fairly well-established that the Aztecs were more technologically along than the Mayans, and the area the Aztecs were from was similar to ancient Mesopotamia/Assyria in that there were a number of different groups all crammed together in one area vying for supremacy, and like the Aztecs a good amount of technical innovation came out of the area.

When you look at, say, Egypt, that's rather similar to the Mayans: they were relatively isolated and their technology (metallurgy in particular) simply wasn't very advanced until they started talking with Assyrians and Mesopotamians. The Egyptians did some damn impressive things with the technology they did have- the pyramids are still a bit of a puzzle and don't even bother to ask how they raised their obelisks because that's stumped everybody- but in terms of coming up with new technologies they barely got as far as copper on their own, and it makes sense to suppose that it was because they didn't need it. They obviously raised their monuments just fine with wood, stone, and copper, and until other kingdoms started encroaching on their territory they simply didn't need good weaponry.

3. i feel like there will be mass chaos the day before dec 21st 2012 because of all the hype. The interent has been a huge platform for this stupid doomsday crap. I mean hollywood is even making a movie about this, its just insanity.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXa82AuwHU"]YouTube - 2012 trailer http://teaser-trailer.com[/ame]

4. I don't believe it. Though I find it scarry; I mean Nostradamus actually predicted Napoleon, Hitler, 9/11 and he also predicted 12/21/12 - apparently King Muhammed of Morocco will travel to Asia wearing a blue turban and re-establish the government of the zars, which will be the end of the world..

5. Well From what I understand the 5th dimension has to do with jumping from points in time in the universe. So I don't see how this could happen?

6. Ya, but most of Nostradomus' claims were very general, and when people in the past wrote about his claims they often over exagerated them making it seem like these were very precise predictions

7. Nostradamus' predictions were and are definitely exaggerated. For instance, the 9/11 prediction was not even his. It was found in an art journal that is by some believed to be the artwork of Nostradamus. However, even the most hardcore fans of his work deny this because apparently he was no artist. Do I know for sure? Nope. It is worth noting though that even if you judge things by his predictions...he predicted events long after 2012 so that nulls the doomsday event if you are a believer of his.

8. are you god? how can you be so sure of this? there is more proving that it will happen than it won't.

9. How does one gather negative proof?

10. very carefully...

11. End of the earth? No. End of the world as WE know it? Yes.

12. Hahaha oh my god that's an awesome trailer!

I'll watch that movie on 21 December 2012, I know that much.

13. If the world was truly going to end, then how come we haven't done anything about it? The Mayans existed a long time ago. How come nothing was done in the years since then?

14. Because people can be wrong about pretty much anything, including thinking the end of the world is not going to come.

15. i don't know whether it'll happen or not i just hope to god it doesn't, cause i don't wanna die man.
    fuck that, i just got old enough to move out and start a career and a life.
    it'd be a damn shame for the world to end just as my life is beginning.

16. counter example. in this case we'd have to wait for the day

17. there is enough fear-mongering for the last 40 years in the United States, it will continue with Obama.

Since they make up enough for the general public to fear, I feel fearing 2012 is redundant, lets just embrace whatever may come, don't fear the future, don't look back. Lets stay with the now.

18. “Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”

and nothing is gonna happen on dec. 21. 12, all the myths can be easily proven void by science. So believe me where all gonna be fine.

19. #59 Smokey-eyes77, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    To be correct this was not the last Calender they made.
    Theres proof that they had over 1000s of other codex's that were destroyed when the Spaniards attacked.
    Some of which were Calenders.

No,I don't think it will end on that date but its coming down to the wire
    The worlds fucked up.

Edit:One other thing me and my friends conclude on is Time was made by man.God never said make a hour 60 minutes.Nor a one day 24 hours.

We could be on year 9824 for all we know it.

20. i cant believe that some of u actually buy this dumb bullshit.. throughout all civilizations fear has been instilled into society's minds because it is an issue of power or some religious crap.... and so this does have scientific evidence to planetary shift, but that does not mean the end of the world is coming......ugh these conspiracy theories are gettin old....