2011 Spanish grow, Andalucia

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by timber wolf, Aug 11, 2011.

1. This year, over the flowering season, i am going to be covering up all my
    plants with a fine insect proof mesh. Catapillars get on your plants by 'Moths' laying
    larve on your plants, these larve hatch and grow into Catapillars. The only way to
    prevent this, i believe, is to cover your plants up when the flower season comes, so they can't get in.
    Here is an example of this outdoors, in my garden. This one
    is 2 & half weeks into flower. I use round Mosquito nets that are meant for hanging
    over big double beds. Mine are 10 meters round, by 2 and a half meters tall.
    You can hang them from a tree above your plants or use a rope line and tie them to that. You can get these anywhere.. they are a little fiddley to put up but it think its worth it if you have little resouces, money....

2. here..

Attached Files:

3. More of the netting i use...

Attached Files:

4. Can anyone tell what type of plant the huge one is?

5. i would think its a sativa judging by how long its taking to start flowering. how is the climate in your area after october?

6. Hey, the weather here is still good in october and through till late november, we have a long summer here in Spain, and it stays hot here for months. Only thing is ive found is,
    there are more bugs that time of year, with high humidity. Also that time of year, every
    couple of weeks we get heavy thunderstorms, that dump down huge amounts of rain, and then it stays hot and sunny untill another couple of weeks it rains again. Hope it starts flowering soon..Yeah sativa.. could be.. she was a very very fast grower.

7. Those look great man! Wow! Good job.

8. Im pretty sure this is a 'Sativa', again also an unknown strain. Picked out of some
    but i smoked from the past. I love the way this one looks, real thin long leaves.

Attached Files:

9. Yes, it sure is! And a mighty pretty one.

10. Here is another Sativa, different formation on the branches this one. Interesting pattern,
    Also is 1 week into flower. She is the same hieght as me jst over 6 ft in the pot.
    This one has grown wide and thick, not tall like the others. Got a feeling the colas on this are going to be big!

Attached Files:

11. What kind of grow season do you have there?

12. Its a long season here, around the first of march i sow my seeds. It is warm & sunny in the late winter spring. Grow season ends here around mid november, gets really cold and rainy all the time after then, it just rains for ever.
    I find all the insects and bugs come out in August & September here.
    Climate is warm every day, Mega hot in July & August last time it rained here was early May. Real humid here atm. Hope it Finally rains over the next couple of days.

13. That's a nice long season. I remember it being hot as hell when I was there which was during the summer months. Humidity sucks!

How many plants do you have growing now?

14. pretty sweet grow man... hope everything flowers nicely

15. Yeah its a good grow season here for sure. Next year i think im going to invest
    in some poly tunnels and covert them to mosquito nets instead of polythene.
    Only thing about growing outdoors is the bugs/ insects.. Really 'bugs' me sometimes seeing plants eaten up, and ants.... omg ants in Spain just take over the whole place.
    Cant stand ants, when i sleep at night there are just ants in my bed, on me, in my bathroom, on my plants. Ants EVERYWHERE!

16. Man that isn't cool. I would be spraying indoors and out for ants. I can't stand the little fuckers. After you have one crawl on you it leaves you with the feeling like you have more... Those sons of bitches need to die :D.

17. That would piss me off if I had ants. And you'd think living in NYC for 12 years would have made me comfortable around vermin and pests. Including my ex's. Lol

18. ^^ yes.

19. beautiful grow.

what kind of soil mix are you using? :smoke: