200watt CFL grow, 12/12 from seed perpetual grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by highsmyth420, Dec 26, 2013.

1. #1 highsmyth420, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    Just starting a thread to get some more advice on current grow last one went sweet as and progress has been recorded and posted under the topic ready for harvest?
    Will post pictures shortly, unfortunately this time round I have some very sativa dominant plants image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Also these plants have been super cropped and heavily defoliated nearly everlasting leaf not connected directly to a bud site apart from the odd few left on for energy round the edges as not to block any other light just thought I'd try a new technique as these sati as are a real bitch, at the back the fat plant is indica dominant all the same age apart from clone and seedling in front, the fatty at the back is a pure fem seed that I did myself on my last grow have a few more so will be planting her next time round and leaving the sativa seeds as long as possible till I have no others left, the seedling at the front also my feminized strain

3. Will be updating with progress reports along the way and would love any experienced growers advice so feel free to jump in

4. Looking Good BroI'll sub up and watch.what kind of soil do you have them in?You sound like you do not like sativas. They are harder to grow but the buzz.....MjTwas Ever Thus!

5. #5 highsmyth420, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
    Just got them in an organic potting mix from the garden centre and feed with guano superbloom.Definitely prefer to grow an indica but do love that sativa buzz :)

6. [quote name="highsmyth420" post="19236000" timestamp="1388126329"]Just got them in an organic potting mix from the garden centre and feed with guano superbloom.Definitely prefer to grow an indica but do love that sativa buzz :)[/quote]A bag of EWC and a small bag of kelp meal would be very good.You can use it for top dressing and for Acts. Like and organic first aid kit for plants. I would hate to try to grow without those two_Organic is the easiest way to grow. The bud is sooo tasty too. MjTwas Ever Thus!

7. Anyone have any experience with heavy defoliation of sati as like these?

8. #8 highsmyth420, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
    Switched out 2 of my older lights for some nice fresh ones that are a little stronger only 250 lumens stronger each at 1550 lumens and also in warm white as apposed to cool white so hopefully the extra lumens in the right spectrum provide a slight improvement, also bent the collar on one over as she was getting too tall and also I feel it provides more even light distribution along the collar. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388260928.428064.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388260969.519267.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388260982.785187.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388261015.834220.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388261039.041958.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388261059.324505.jpg Decided to tie all my sativa tops down no need to do the indica she is looking healthy and happy,all progressing slowly now they have been trained and defoliated to the max is all I have left to do now is watch and wait

10. Any hints tips or advice on sativa a would be greatly appreciated, they are definitely not ideal for my small setup but I think bending super cropping and defoliation have kept them just small enough to fit in my grow hopefully the stretch is over and all I have to do is sit back and relax as the stretch stage was extremely nerve racking

11. #11 highsmyth420, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    These sativa dominant girls are a pain in the ass my indica dominant is nearly done and the sativas are still starting flower really annoying but always nice to have different strains picked up some seeds that are extremely indica dominant they are so fat and seedlings have fat as leaves so gonna get heaps of these indicas going as they will stay small and can get more in the same area even if each plant produces less I can get more and they will finish in literally half the time. The sativas are just so leafy and horrid looking apart from 1 of them which has been heavily defoliated but I guess it just took on a different parent plant characteristic. Will add pics shortly image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

12. No disrepect but they look leafy and horrid cause you're using cfls...they aren't gonna produce nice thick sativa coals cause you dont have the penetration or watts to do so...buuut if you are worrying about time and have the money to spend you can buy general hydroponic's bud blood. It kicks your plants in flower faster and cuts your time to harvest...I just harvested a 70 day strain in 50...it really cuts back on the stretching proccess though. I wish mine stretched a lil more but I still made out pretty good...6oz off 1 plant :D

13. #13 highsmyth420, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    Yeah it's the strain that's leafy grown it before I have had plenty of solid indicas from this setup but yes not adequate enough for sativas.will look into getting some bud blood or whatever switched on gardener has in nz the last bloom nute I got there was guano superbloom worked awesome on my last lot of indica girls, they got solid and sticky, I only look to pull 1-2 oz per plant in this setup just trying to get it to turn 1 around every 2 weeks which should work once I get these sativas out and get my own fem mostly indica hybrid in there again. Remember the sativas don't look great as they don't seem to like 12/12 from seed like the indicas do and I massacred them with defoliation :) Thanks for the advice and your opinion though it is much appreciated

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389392297.061666.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389392315.786042.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389392330.189308.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389392367.378742.jpg Just a quick progress update

15. Dude sativas take forever to flower. mine took 100 days. Dont be so distraught over how they look now. The hairs look very white still and I know sativas keep growing during the flowering so when an area looks close a whole new area may have just popped up.

They look great, just give em time

16. Made my own fert out of cockatiel guano and honey left it about 72 hours shaking it leaving lid off etc until it got rid of some of the burn and have so far given 2 feedings of this mix and am greatly surprised by the difference it seems to be making just over the last four days :)A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees

17. Finishing this girl off out doors as she started popping out bananas so hopefully she hurrys up ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390023669.745153.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390023686.068102.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390023696.390445.jpg A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees

18. My advice would be with all those 75+ watt cfls you have get a 250w or 400w hps and you would have a way better grow broth a man.bout to be cheifin blizzys

19. #19 stavi23, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    My three plants under one 400 hps. ...think about it mane! And this is only 6/9 weeks.bout to be cheifin blizzys

Attached Files:

20. #20 highsmyth420, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    When the funds allow for it I will...looking goodA fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees