200w Dual Spectrum PC grow box ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ponyslaystation, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hey! So I'm building my PC box and need a lamp for one plant, the plant is Barney's Farm Critical Kush, this is my first grown and need to know if I can use this lamp for both vegging and flowering! I can't pay more than £30 for any bulb lol.

Amazon

The description in product specs :

Senua 200w CFL Hydroponics Grow Light
    With alternative RED 2700K & BLUE 6400K filaments
    Ideal for Propagation, Side lighting, Mother Plants, Side Lighting
    Used with an E40 hanger or CFL reflector- just plug in and grow!!!
    Blue light for growth; Red light for flowering

Would really appreciate some help and advice thank you very much!!

Dan

2. i dont think you fit that comfortably inside a pc box why do you want to grow inside a pc box its gonna smell alot if you have no filter it is gonna be hard to control heat in there. why dont you use your a locker or something similar?

3. Hey!

I don't have anywhere else to put it, and the stealth is needed!! The box is 24" tall not sure how wide but it's pretty big.
    I will be making my own carbon filter later I think with these carbon pads on the fan 1 extract fan (120mm) 2 intake (80mm)

It's only 1 plant and I'm short for money. I'm in the UK and was wondering if the 200w cfl would do for both vegging and flowering.. I've searched and searched but didn't get a clear answer!

If not, could anyone advise on a good light setup? I only have like £30 that's why the dual looked so appealing for both flower + veg.

Thanks for looking and finding time to reply :)

4. Alright mate, a 200w would be ok if you were clever with your air and space. Also from the UK , I'd suggest something else pal. Pc grows dont really work out money wise sometimes. What about a little set of draws or bedside table

Will ypu be running an auto?

5. Give me a few mins im just having a fag I'll help u out with setup im on phone atm . If its ur only option do it well haha

6. First off is there any reason for critical kush ? It may be a little tall for a pc case ? Have you looked into many others?

Seeing as height is your main problem i would suggest finding a tray / making a tray to fit in the bottom of the pc case using as much space as you can for roots. Maybe a lower pertile % will help it keep water a little better if its small.

Will you be LST'ing it along the pc ?

as for lighting a 125w cfl would be sufficient

125w Dual Spectrum CFL & hanger hydroponics grow light! | eBay

comes with a hangar and it dual spec, it would be plenty for something this size.

Dont bother with a reflector , i suggest making getting some mylar and making the top of the pc case rounded , just stick it with ali tape.

ventilation is your real enemy here man, your gonna want a 100mm pc fan, 120mm if you want to be safe ( id suggest it ) ! dont bother with an intake, use a passive but make a simple light trap.

7. grosfrag thanks for your help! If you suggest the 125w dual spectrum for both vegging and flowering thats what i'll go for!

Funnily enough the postman just handed me my new grinder so i had a joint :) Have wrote this 3 times but didnt sent on my phone...

No theres no particular need for that weed, actually that was the wrong one. https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/dutch-passion-masterkush/prod_554.html
    is what i ment because of its low odour, the kush was just another ive been looking at, concerned about smell ya'see..

For the plant pot i'll use one of those long tray like pots,

Soil im gonna use is biobizz all-mix,
    ferts are biobizz bio-grow and bloom and mabye top max if i can afford it..

Yeah i'll be doing LST and scrogging, mabye even topping if im feeling lucky to start taking things off my plant. LOL !

i'll find some reflective shield to on the top mate, and for the inside was using windscreen reflective silver cover things

I cant think of anything else ive missed... Apart from what temps and PH i should be aiming for, ive read too many numbers to know which to believe..

But as for the seeds im open to any suggestion!! Just odour is the prob, might try one of those ONA blocks ive heard good news about them!

8. Make a little carbon filter pal, it's simple stuff really. And yea ona could help. for a pc I'd say stick to lst and topping. Scrogging a pc isn't worth the hastle. Yeaaa pal biobizZ are easy to get. bé careful not to put anything that creates hot spots. Mylar is £3 a meter sq at my hydro shop. I'd really suggest or if they have it get diamond mylar

9. i dont wanna be bursting your bubble but making a filter that accepts a 120mm fan is gonna be tricky for one it doesnt have alot of power and with a filter it will be even less so your heat problems are gonna be there and strong if you go without a filter you are gonna have some serius smell issues regardless of what species of plant you take they all smell the same when flowering. good luck

10. Thanks for your input Gunnarig, your right about the filter a good DIY solution needs to be searched, just cant afford one from the shop they are £30+ :(

11. im on the exact same position as u mate! and in the UK too, we could help eachother out as im starting to get the hang of things now ... hows things with u getting along regarding your setup?

12. To answer your original question. All types of grow lights WILL work for both veg and flower. The only time that it makes a big difference is if you have both MH and HPS

13. Thanks thats pretty much the answer I was looking for :)