2001 Audi TT FWD 1.8t engine rebuild w/ big turbo

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by midnittoke, Mar 17, 2011.

1. This thing is going to eat pavement for breakfast dude... And tires as a snack :cool:
    This gives me ideas.... How hard would it be to drop an front wheel drive unibody minivan onto say... A Ram 2500 chassis with a V8 and RWD, with a turbo... Perfect sleeper...

2. #102 midnittoke, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hell strip the body, weld it to the frame!!! Haha.. As of right now, I'm just trying to get the engine going. New rotors and pads then all suspension bushings. Then, I will have coilovers to put on over winter break.. So much freaking money lol

3. You know, i might just do that when I'm a bit older... Seats 7 and does 0-60 in under 6 seconds (currently pushing 9) :smoke: cops don't harass me either so thats good...

Don't rush it/half ass it, do it right otherwise it'll fall apart >_< how musch have you dropped on it so far if you dont mind me asking?

4. Pushing 10k right now without any suspension or wheels and tires :facepalm:

5. :eek: daammmnnnn dude... But hell, that beast will fucking fly

6. Well it was either buy a used car for around 10k or build an insane race/daily driver with a brand new engine :devious:

7. What whp range do you think its gonna put down 400s?

8. Should easily be over 400. I plan on running a low boost 18 psi mid boost 23psi and high boost 29 psi. Just from some research on vwvortex others with similar setups are lurking around 500-550 depending on tune and boost..

9. #109 GoneWithTheWeed, Jul 10, 2011
    What size turbo are you running again?

10. Precision ballbearing 5857 -T3 housing with .63 hotside

11. I got about 8.5k deep into my built motor and new turbo setup. I feel your pain. It will feel so good once you get it running though.

12. Im hoping so.. Every time I think about turning the key over the first time, I cringe..

13. #113 GoneWithTheWeed, Jul 11, 2011
    Ive got about 7500 in my fd and iam making close to 600whp, time to go with a bridge ported 3 rotor and throw my 42r on and hello 800whp lol

14. Quick update: ordered oil cooler, oil temp and pressure gauge, and water temp gauge- a2w system.. In the Oklahoma climate, heat soaking and freezing were big concerns with the a2w

15. image-513885344.png

Teaser.. More pics to come as the parts come in!

16. OMG PICS!!!!!! *hugs midnittoke*

I'm jealous....

17. Many more to come.. Waitin on my clutch, exhaust manifold and downpipe so the assembly can begin..

18. Buy a sport bike and be done with it, haha. Just playing, friend of mine has an Audi and I must say they are incredible machines. I used to have a 2004 Volvo S40 (yeah a volvo), upgraded the turbo, ecu and exhaust, it wasn't much faster but added like 40 HP or so :p. Anyway, sorry I didn't read all the read or specs, just thought I'd say Audis are very very nice!

19. [quote name='"IncreasedX"']Buy a sport bike and be done with it, haha. Just playing, friend of mine has an Audi and I must say they are incredible machines. I used to have a 2004 Volvo S40 (yeah a volvo), upgraded the turbo, ecu and exhaust, it wasn't much faster but added like 40 HP or so :p. Anyway, sorry I didn't read all the read or specs, just thought I'd say Audis are very very nice![/quote]

I already have one so i gotta make the TT just as fast lol