2001 Audi TT FWD 1.8t engine rebuild w/ big turbo

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by midnittoke, Mar 17, 2011.

1. you ever run into a s4? I wonder how your car would do up against a vast ko4 s4. I have tial 770 built s4 myself. Spent less than 30k (including the car) to get it to where its at today and recently just did my own CF trim. Nobody my local audi clubs have tt's and am curious about them. I've driven a new gti and thats the closest thing. Does it feel like a gti? and why the hell didnt you go with quattro?

2. Never ran into an S4, but had the car for 4 years and engine went out.. LSD, good suspension and tires shouldn't be too bad. the autronic ecu also supports launch control to aid in traction as well

3. Aahh good... Mechanical throttles>electronic

4. Aah. I got a 2 step launch control on my s4 and it helps a ton. Perfect launches everytime! I'm anxious to see a video of your 1.8L beast

5. Yup, I'm waiting to get the engine back to put it together. I'm just ready to hear it running g mostly lol

6. UNACCEPTABLE! Jk man, did you get your new camera though?

7. Just got it the other day. Been working quite a bit but I'll try to post some picks of what I have today

8. British accent
    Please sir, can we have some pictures?
    /british accent

9. Sorry, it's been a hectic summer.. Got engaged the other day to top it off!! But back to the topic at hand. I have received the engine, have to rent hoist to put it on stand. Going with frozenboost air to water intercooler setup. Transmission is in Tulsa getting LSD and taller 5th gear installed. Lugtronics is building me a custom wiring harness for the standalone engine management. Have all parts except for intake manifold, throttle body, FPR and stainless fuel lines. Everything is on hold until I get the tranny back.. Can't put the engine in until I get the tranny back. :(

10. #91 GoneWithTheWeed, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Pics?

11. But you could give us pics of what you have....? We're desperate for them... But congratulations on getting engaged man :smoke:

12. PICS!!! Damn I read all 7 pages hoping for pics :(

13. No pics after all that reading?[​IMG]

14. I know, I would've taken
    AT LEAST ONE. JUST ONE PICTURE .

15. t this point a simple color crayon drawing would suffice. Hell even if it was of a tree and some grass.

16. All I have since nothing is going together until I get the tranny back and the rest of the parts

Attached Files:

17. :hello: my faith in you... It has been restored :D

18. Bay is cleaned out ready to mount motor and tranny. Waiting to get the tranny back then install motor. Install a2w setup, dp and exhaust. Then, wiring and brakes to finish it. I will be running an electronic boost controller, just trying to decide which one will work best. I love the option of boost settings per gear, but they can get pretty pricey. Lugtronics tuning and custom wiring harness to retain stock ecu, but have advantage of stand alone :devious:

19. Hopefully, I'll have an extra set of hands tomorrow to get the engine up on the stand. I'll have some more pics then. But, otherwise, the only pictures would be a bedroom full of parts and boxes. Don't get too impatient.. The car has to be running by august 22nd so right now is mad planning and making sure I have everything I need to make the install as easy as possible.