2001 Audi TT FWD 1.8t engine rebuild w/ big turbo

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by midnittoke, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Precision PTE 5857 Ball bearing..

2. Haha drop the right name to the V8 guys and they go weak at the knees.

3. you guys are speaking another language...but its pretty intriguing

makes me wanna go clean my car out now:eek: lol

4. #64 Challenger426, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    Precision turbo and engine is literally my next door neighbor... Right across the street.... Almost had a job there

5. They were one of the sponsors of the trade school I went to. School of Automotive Machinists.

6. Update: going with wideband ecu upgrade since mine was Narrowband.. Talked to insurance agent today and should have settlement check mid next week! Luckily eBay had some wideband ecu's and a few to choose from. Then I'll be in touch with eurodyne for the tuning. All emissions, n75, sai, maf requirements will be deleted and will run a 630cc tune. Rev limiter set to 7800. All the while, the transmission will be worked over with new syncros, TDI 5 gear set, wavetrac LSD with arp bolt kit. Fueling will be 4 siemens injectors, -6 AN fuel rail and lines to Aeromotive adjustable FPR and walbro inline fuel pump. ATP T3 turbo manifold with Precision 5857 turbo. Tial WG and BOV. 75mm TB with OBX manifold (RMR copy), 2.5" IC piping, Precision 600HP core. Everything seems to be coming in place, just have to get the check so it can begin.

7. This is gonna be SICK! Build pics PLEASE!

8. Has anyone played with stand alone engine management systems? Replacing ecu with wideband and flash program running close to the same as a stand alone unit.. Thoughts appreciated

9. Standalones are a huge hassle compared to keeping the stock computer in both wiring and tuning all the lame part throttle and idle and cold start and all that.

Having said that I'm assuming that the stock ecu is capable of accurate timing control and adjustable voltage offsets.

10. Just to give my situation.. The stock narrowband ecu has to go according to eurodyne. I have found suitable wideband ecu's around 120-200 on eBay. I can keep my stock harness as long as I tap into it ad rewire the o2 sensors to accommodate for wideband. I can also get a wideband harness from a few different vehicles ranges 200-350 for the complete harness. Even after I have this installed, I will still need the tune 950shipped for eurodyne maestro 7. I understand the sem unit will be a hassle to tune at first, but will going sem give me more in terms of drivability and control o the engine?

11. You sound like you need to find yourself a reputable tuner.

12. looking into lugtronic and megasquirt systems

13. Check came in last night!!! Parts already ordered:

Precision PTE 5857 ball bearing turbo
    Autotronic stand alone ecu
    TDI 5th gear set
    New track density motor mounts

Ordering LSD and bolt kit today and getting a new camera. Manual timing belt tensioner, new water and oil pumps and timing belt came in so I can time the motor Monday!

14. And here we are still awaiting pics... Just giving you shit lol, very nice though so far :smoke: that thing going to have an oil cooler?

15. Dropped the IE manual timing kit off today the engine should be in my hands at the end of the week :))

16. So you're converting it from VVT to non-VVT?

17. Yes and DBW to DBC

18. Ok, ordered a Summit Racing 75mm DBC Throttle body and received the taller 5th gear and 870cc injectors.. Probably will order 034 motorsports DBC pedal and wire if I cant source a pedal combo quickly..

19. Wait... Does this have an electronic throttle or a mechanical one..?
    *is STILL eagerly awaiting pictures*

20. Was electrical, but going stand alone it was easier to convert to Mechanical since I was ordering a larger throttle body anyways