2001 Audi TT FWD 1.8t engine rebuild w/ big turbo

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by midnittoke, Mar 17, 2011.

1. cant wait to see this...any pics?

2. So funny that you mentioned this, when i had my tc project thread I got laughed at and basically called a dumb ass for for taking out all of those items you listed, as well as the windshield washer assembly and listing them as "weight reduction". What people dont understand is every pound of weight you remove makes a differnce in how the car handles and allows your motor to accelerate quicker.

Glad to see there are some intelligent people on these boards still :wave:

3. #23 midnittoke, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
    The only pics right now are an empty engine bay :(

as soon as I get the motor back there will be plenty of pics!!
    Also, hoping to be getting a welder within a few weeks to fab up an intake manifold, TB bracket, 3'' intake and DP..

To keep it easy on myself (not a professional welder, but really wanting to do it myself)I Bought a T3 5 bolt flange and Vband adapter for the DP.. Luckily I already had an ebay 3'' DP for the KO3, so I am cutting the flange off the ebay DP and flex fit the custom DP to the old DP in stock location.. O and already removed EVAP, coolant overflow, SAI system, and working on relocating the battery.. Unfortunately, to relocate the battery and fuse box to the rear requires some harness splicing and wire extending. Its taking longer than I expected, but just goin slow since i dont have the motor and more importantly dont wanna fuck it up..

Edit: I know everyone is waitin on pics, but there isnt much to photograph, yet.. Ill that is going on right now is dismantling the engine bay to shave, paint, and tuck the wires. This thread will deliver, stoners honor :smoke:

4. also, if anyone is interested in a Ko3 turbo with lines and manifold if need be, hit me up

5. FWD < RWD

anyday

6. Hope you are poking fun

7. :cool:

8. Yea the torque steering will kill yu.. It's typical in any fwd car with over 250 hp pretty fresh tho

9. About weight reduction.. Not gonna remove windshield wipers or seat belts or anything like that.

Torque steer- not a street racer and savin up for an LSD to help with power distribution. I am aware that it will be noticeable, but meh if it's too much I can always downgrade turbos to accommodate my preferences (really doubt I'll go smaller) but I do have back up plan if it's just too much

10. I've build a few 350-400whp FWD cars and the torque steer was tolerable. If you build the car correctly, ie. suspension, tires, tweaking powerbands, ect. it will be fine.

11. talk to the machine shop today, machine work is done and parts are going in :)

12. Toss away that old school T3/T4. Go with a garret GTX 3071r much faster spool time and will still support 450ish hp.

13. #33 midnittoke, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    And double the price..

14. IMO it's worth it in street cars its all about power under the curve peak power means very little in street car applications.

15. I prefer gobs of toque and that "thrown back in your seat" feeling to high horsepower any day

16. Got a used Lincoln arc welder today from CL! Now to start shaving the engine bay

17. Still no pics? How about before/after of the shaved engine bay or something??? Waiting for pics of this is like waiting for portal 2 or half life 2 ep. 3/half life3!!

18. Headed to play with the welder a bit today I'll grab some pics to satisfy your need!!! Lol

19. *mr. Burns voice* excellent...

Anyways, FINALLY!!! :hello: :) been waiting forever man lol, have a good 420 too :smoke:

20. Have fun with torque steer. FWD + Power = Fail