2000w soil/hydro *CGE* *FLOWERING*

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Isaid'Ello, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Glad you got the res all sorted man. I strapped a simple computer fan onto my res and just exhausting air from the res drops the temps considerably. You may want to consider something like that if temps continue to be a problem.

I think no matter what form of hydro you're using you need low res temps (sub 68, above 60) to keep the optimal amount of DO (dissolved oxygen). Too low and you lose DO and too high you lose as well, which leads to root rot and other nasty shit.

Sure you probably know this, but I thought I'd chime in.

Lookin forward to an update.

2. Great info IMgreen! I keep a circulation pump inside the res. It's a nice whirlpool in there. It also helps mixing nutes and adjusting pH!

Hey WWM! I'm pretty stoaked too. BTW, how are your clones coming along? Hadn't seen an update in a few.

Thanks Jim! The funny thing is I did have a pc fan venting the res. but with a black 55 gallon drum as a res. it attracted too much heat and was spiking:eek: so I had to move it. It is now in an adjacent room with a tile floor and back to a perfect 66 degrees. This will help come flowering because I am going to add co2 and it helps eliminate opening the door just to maintain my res.

I always welcome good info in my thread and you have great info!

3. Good idea. You need to lightproof your res always. I use that bubble insulation that comes in a roll, works real well. Good luck man.

4. that was the very next thing I was going to try in my res (its below the root zone atm) will definitely have to in the summer

5. BTW, IMgreen, That is the craziest thing I have ever seen in your blog. Did you ever figure out what caused it?

6. #67 Isaid'Ello, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    That's to bad. Just imagine the yield we could get if we could isolate and increase the mutation. BTW, your 'fake' answer was great!!

7. Well, 'Ello M8. Me clones are good, I'm still trying to understand the resistance they have been giving me. But that's how she goes. I'm confident thing are going to work out. Its really all my fault, on this round. I forgot some "key" elements to turn on, after my chop. Things are turning around now. If my ;)nuts:p would arrive, I'd be a much, happier camper.

Your plants looks very well, that's always nice eh. So, 'Ello, I'll be around and catch ya later. Check my log later tonight, that's when its photo update time

You say 'Ello, and I say Goodbye:D

8. #69 Isaid'Ello, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    UPDATE: So the girls are doing great. I upped my nutes to 1100 ppm and they exploded. I can't help but to kick myself in the ass a little and think how huge they would be if I had been better with the nutes. I had to spread the pots out because they were growing into each other. While I had the system apart I went ahead and moved the girls out and ripped up the carpet. I was already smelling a mildew kinda smell, but then I had a leak (8 gallons :eek::cry:!!) and had no choice. I should have ripped it up to start. My plan was to lay a 'floating' floor over the carpet and line with plastic. That way I didn't have to pay to re carpet when I sell this dump. Oh Well! I digress, The girls are begging to flower. I placed a pretty big order from the grow shop and need that to come in before switching over. Stay tuned because the next update will be a little more drastic. The two I topped have huge growth. I am eliminating two of the soil bag seed. They are still in the room waiting for a buddy to grab them. All soils are transplanted into 5 gallon grow bags. I took 4 clones. We'll see if they take. I tried to super crop one of the Big Bang. I laid that bitch at a 45 degree angle pointing down and three hours later it was almost upright again! The lower branches are really pushing through. Is this a bad thing? I also cleared out some dead and damaged growth and the garden looks great! I am super stoaked that flowering is here. If I flower this Sunday I might be able to harvest by the second week of May. Thanks for tuning in GC!

Thanks to everyone who helped me get the garden on track

P.S. I've got a first class ticket and half the harvest for anyone who wants to come coach me through this grow.:D

Attached Files:

9. I charge 50% of total yield, I'll do the trim as well:p Nice photos in the hall. I hope you have some mean odor control, cause they are going to just, reek of goodness. Can filters with Activated charcoal is expensive, but they work. ( now I remember you have a hut filter ) I think, well I'm not checking now, I'll run with my instincts. Hope I'm close.

Excellent Job 'Ello

Cheers M8:D

10. lookin good man

11. Sounds like a deal to me. Did I mention the dank home cooked meals that are included as well? they did look cute in the hallway. You are correct about the hut filter, but I need the fan. It is in the order I placed. The girls are already kicking out some stink. I had to do some sealing when the room was cleared out. 3 tubes of caulk, 20 feet of weather stripping, and 1 can of expanding foam. The stink has at least stopped seeping out of the room for now, but the fan is needed soon. I am setting up CGE but shhhh it's a surprise.

Thanks man! Your cheese is looking stinky as well.

12. your grow is very professional! im planning on trying to start somthing like this, and ill deffenitly ask for you help! :D

13. Thanks a ton! I wish you luck and will be happy to help where I can.

14. NICE man! Ladies are looking great! I'm I wish I had your kind of space! I can only imagine...:rolleyes:

Take a look at some pruning techniques here

GREAT book by the way, I need to buy it so I can actually read the words.

You should make a setup with one of those moving bookshelves or something, just to be a complete badass.

15. im thinking of doing something similar with one of my rooms i have.

Ill read the whole thing right now to see how your doing it. expect questions to come your way and why didnt you add more plants?

16. Thanks! Trust me this space is almost (not really) a burden because of how much my imagination runs wild.

Great link. Looks like I need to get in there and prune a little more aggressively.

Funny you should mention a swinging bookshelf. It is in the plans as soon as I can stop dumping money into the garden.

I recommend at least trying it. It will inspire massive amounts of ideas.

I'll field any questions I can. I didn't add any more plants yet for a couple of reasons

1) the main factor is convincing my non-smoking wife to let me dump the coin I already have into the room let alone more.

2) I wanted to do a run a little smaller to get my bearings strait. With the problems I have already had I can't imagine having 15-20 more girls to deal with.

No worries though. Bigger is coming!! I took some clones for mothers, so a mother closet is just around the corner. Plus More improvements are in the mail!!!

P.S. My offer to bring my equipment to that extra room still stands:D:bongin::ey:

17. Thanks bro! i didnt see that :smoking:

what strains do you have?

18. ROTF! you can bring it but we have more than enough. I own my own little hydro store online that i have yet to add products to. Maybe you can help me with that. lol

im watching so i hope to see more pics :wave:

19. #80 Isaid'Ello, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009

It's listed in the front but; G13 White Widow, G13 Power Skunk, Greenhouse Seed Co. Big Bang

So you got the store started? Good for you man. I'll help in any way I can. If you have an extra couch I have a fat ass to fill it.:D

Glad you're tuned in. More pictures to come once my order gets in.