2000w soil/hydro *CGE* *FLOWERING*

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Isaid'Ello, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Having some troubles. Check it out HERE If you would like to help. Which you would, right? I mean why wouldn't you? I'm a fun guy!! :D

2. Ladies still look good'n lucious bro....

Personally, I'd suggest increasing the ppm. I believe the reason you're seeing the pH wanting to climb is the plants are simply depleating the nutrients faster than the water, thus lowering the buffering of them.

I'd pump it up to around 600...then 700... see how that affects them as well as the pH.

3. Thanks Klutter. I already upped it to 600 ppm but had the pumps on hold for fear it was over watering. I'll turn on the system keep a close eye on the pH and go from there, The last time I had problems you suggested the same thing and it helped. Why I didn't put two and two together I don't know. Oh well. Stay tuned flowering is close!!!!

4. Hey man, really like your setup, and am planning something very similar to yours. It looks like you basically put everything together yourself,props on that and if so, could you list the materials you used and what not. Def gonna be following this, take it easy man.

5. Thanks for checking in Castiel. Thanks for the compliments. I guess you are referring to the hydro setup. I actually purchased the setup. It's the 'Ebb and Grow' system by C.A.P. Controllers. I initially intended to build it myself. After compiling a list of materials and researching prices (even from wholesalers) it came up to be about $150 cheaper to order it from Maryland Hydroponics. I have found, after endless searching that they have the best prices on just about everything.

6. Nice forest you've got started.

Right On Dude

7. #27 Isaid'Ello, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009

Thanks man!!!! I really appreciate you stopping by. I am having a few slight problems but they are 'bushing' up real nice. If they turn out half as good as the fake ones you photoshop I will be thrilled!

8. very nice lookin setup :eek: I really like the hydro and soil side by side, best of both worlds :D You'll get the lil problems kinked out and be rollin smooth. Thanks for sharin ur journal wit us. +rep

9. Thanks allot man!!! That is a big compliment coming from you.

UPDATE: For those that have been following; I upped the nutrient solution to just under 700 ppm. 3/4 strength of Tecnaflora's suggestion. Kept the pH between 5.5 - 5.8. All but two have pretty much bounced back completely. It absolutly wasn't over watering as they sucked up about 5 gallons in the first two waterings. This is the beginning of about the fourth week. They are really bushy but shorties. Will they shoot up or should they stay squat. I know they approximately double in size in flowering but I am referring to vegetative growth. Also the pH wants to rise about .2 - .5 after every feeding. I read that if your pH rises and your ppm stay steady everything is on point. Is that true?

Two more weeks (hopefully) of veg. In a week I plan to spread the pots out and put them under the two HPS lights for a week of veg to get them used to it in an attempt to reduce any stress (they have had enough and I'm scared to death of hermies).

Had to post a pic of the pup. He has been patiently waiting for me to finish to go for his walk. Plus who doesn't love a shameless puppy plug? Thanks for tuning in everyone

Attached Files:

10. #30 mjboy, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
    what are they under now? why arent you vegging under the hps now?

i would do that asap lol they will grow faster and give you the stretch you want.

11. They are under (1) 1000W MH. I will get them under it tonight. Thanks MJBoy!!

Holy Shit!!!! How did I get into the advanced section? No wonder the elite are dropping in!

12. youll notice them get bigger in no time. People say to veg with MH and yea its a good light but HPS is better and you having 2 there will speed you up.

thanks for the kind words and the whole grow section has been rearranged like crazy lol.

those strains like to get nice and tall. If you have the space , make sure you top them early and get them nice and big to have as many coloas as you can before flower. unless you dont want to do that and have one cola.

Me personally would of topped them when small and prob topped them 2 weeks before flowering so you have a lot of tops. but thats me.

i cant wait to see them get bigger. ill be around for sure. your doing a great job

13. Thanks alot for the help. I want to grow beast. I have about 7 feet of head room so i want to go big. As for the topping, will it increasse my yield? If so I am down!! Maybe I'll do half and half. Thanks for the compliments. I wouldn't be doing anywhere near as well if it wasn't for blades like you.

14. thanks and yes it will increase your yield. this technique gives you 2 colas instead of just one.

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

if you get the plant at a lower part of the stem (while its small) you could prob increase your yield by a lot. try it on a plant if you dont trust it yet but make sure you read on how and what it will do for you.

15. Sweet! as soon as you mentioned it I popped over to the guide. I am going to go aead and try it on a few of each and compare the results. Thanks again.

16. amazing the difference between the soil growth vs hydro

17. Thanks for stopping by Sling. BTW, Good info in the "too much heat" thread. The soil ones are about 10 days behind the hydro ones and I have really neglected them (except the power skunk) but even tracking them on paper it really interesting to see the difference.

P.S. Hand watering blows even on the 6 small pots I have. Hydro FTW with no hand watering!

18. Ha hehehe, I certainly hope you have dry humor, like I. Looking great dude. You got some horepower like my " Photoshop " does He hehehe:D

19. #39 Isaid'Ello, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009

I have the most adaptable sence of humor, so no worries haha. Thanks for the support. My Photoshop skills are coming along. I just need to master the resizing tool, heheh.

I'll try to get an update up in a few. I hung the second light and switched to HPS as well as some other stuff.

20. Ya, I'm jumping to HPS, any time now, as well. Should be fun, Captain.

Right On:D