2000 Miles driving alone for a festival

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Tergale, Jun 19, 2012.

1. So I have some buddies who are going to be meeting up at electric forest festival next week and am on the fence on going. I really want to go to this festival but driving is my only option and its 2000 miles round trip and flying isn't an option considering the event is 30 miles from the airport and I'm not paying for a rent-a-car to sit in the parking lot for 4/5 days on top of the 500-700 ticket to fly round trip.

I would be driving about 14 hours on the first day to meet up at a friends house and then another 5 hours or so to get to the festival. The trip home would be 10-12 hours, motel, finish the rest the next day.

My question is

1) Do you think this is worth it ha
    2)Tips and advice for driving 12+ hours straight alone

It's looking to me to be a horrible idea haha but I've also never left new england my entire life and driving this far from home to get some time off and party in the woods would be fucking sweet. The challenge is also intimidating to me....but that makes me also want to conquer it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCVNeKUIL3c&feature=related]Electric Forest 2012 Teaser [1080p HD] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7h9XlwfY5E]Electric Forest 2012 Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

2. How many times do you live?

Fuck it broski. Go to that shit and have a blast.

3. thats not a question, you know the answer. you want to go, you want to leave, you want to have fun, and you know what you need to do that:)

do you have your own car to go? is it comfortable? then its all good, just get some music and snacks for the trip, if youre feeling risky theres nothing wrong with hiding a spliff or two in your crotch, ready to throw them out in case you get stopped (which you wont) and the trip will be fine!

4. I'd leave a day early and try to find a pimp place to smoke out on your first journey! Just remember to keep all drugs within arms reach to ditch them or in the trunk!

5. I'm going! Can't wait man... I only live like 5 hours away. How strict are the they with drugs and alcohol? I know once your inside anything goes but i also know they have security at the entrance and they do a very mild search... Think they might have dogs or something?

6. I've driven 800 mile trips alone many times,I love it. The key is to be well rested when you start, and don't use any sort of stimulants, do it sober. Also avoid getting the 1000 yard stare, move your eyes around constantly to your mirrors, to your speedometer. Try to avoid just staring down the road, it's like it hypnotizes me....be safe...

7. I don't know man....I was thinking of going but it's only a 4 hour drive from me and I don't think I would drive 2000 miles just for a festival plus you guys have plenty of them in the northeast, the midwest doesn't have that many of this type of festival.

If you really wanna go do it. Up to you though, man.

8. long drive...don't know if I'd do it. One piece of advice though; leave as early as you can. If it was me, I'd try to leave by 6am. Which means with a 14 hr trip you'll get there at ~8pm, so you might even have lingering daylight. Night driving is NOT fun when you're burnt out from an entire day behind the wheel.

9. Some advice. Use as much Interstate as possible, take off your shoes, check your cars oil and tire pressure and whatnot, try to pay in cash for gas because it's cheaper. And if you do travel on the Interstates, try to adhere to the speed limit. State troopers will get you cause that's all they have to do.

10. Yo dude, I'll be headed to rothbury as well. I live in WI so it's certainly not as bad as your predicament appears to be, however, this ~ 7 hour trip will certainly pay offf in the end, just remember... there are memories to be made.

11. and by memories I mean .....

[​IMG]

jk thats kind of wrong but I think you
    know
    what
    I mean.

Hey, if you decide upon going let us know, maybe we can gather up a grasscity gang at some point and meet up, that'd be gnar. :bongin:

DO IT NOW!