Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

$200 Broken glass bong, anychance for any future use/repair?*Pics*

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by metalhead1, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I would think of maybe getting some sand paper some plastic and make a mold of the other good side with plastic then work with the plastic and glass with the sandpaper to make it fit then glue it together.

2. I think the OP just directed his feelings of guilt and sadness of losing a piece into a forum post. Give the toob a funeral and move on bro, pick up a RooR ;)

3. Had a break like that on my old bong.. Took it to a friend who was a glassblower who told me he probably couldnt make it work.. He had the hole fixed but when it came time for the glass to cool off it shattered.. Im really doubting anything can be done for that man... Glass is meant to be shaped once.. after that it just gets weaker.

4. This is what we did with a friends bong that was broken. Hits perfectly fine, just have to find the right bucket.

5. There is probably someone out there that could fix it but it would cost more than it's worth. Your best bet is to either suck it up and buy a new one or do some sort of rough fix. If you got some fiberglass and some silicone sealant-adhesive, you could make it functional. Both can be bought at a hardware store for less than $20. It will look like shit but it will smoke the same and get you just as high.

Take the fiber glass and cut it into the proper shape. Then apply the resin and let it dry. After it dries, take the silicone and seal the fiberglass to the bong. This part of the bong doesn't get that warm so you wouldn't have to worry about silicone or fiberglass fumes. If you do this carefully, you'll have a functional bong.

6. im sorry that i havent been smoking as long as you but ive only been smoking for about 6 months, i bought the bong into month 2, so i really dont understand how
    you cant believe people can make a mistake like that.

and as far as the plastic, it was a last effort for some type of use on an expensive item, its not like the plastic was ever going to touch any flame so again you are ignorant and obviously in your teenage angst years.

but you know me..