20 years

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nizbomb, Aug 21, 2011.

1. A few days ago was my 20th birthday. As excited as I was to turn 20, I suddenly realized that it's the end of an era in my life. It's the start of something new. I use to have the "age is just a number" philosophy, but now I'm beginning to see the reason for age. It's more of a milestone than a life status. It's like "well, I've made it this far....what's next in life". And so you think about your life...what you've done, where you've been, how you did things, and you think of what you want to do next, where you want to go. It's almost like a restart on life. It's a time to reflect.

My whole life I did things without putting much consideration into them. Probably why I still live at home, with a part time job at harris teeter, and no education past high school. For the past 2 days I've been reflecting on my bad decisions, and I've been trying to learn from them. It's the only intelligent thing I can think of to do with those 20 years of experience. I want to apply this newly found knowledge to the rest of my life. I hope I have enough determination to do so.

2. Well said man, so true. I'm turning 20 in January. Where have my teens gone?

But yeah Im only just learning to make the best of things in my life, and Uni is a hell of a load better than school, so life is fairly good for now.

Until next semester starts at least

3. Wait until you're 22 guys...you suddenly realise your not 21 anymore and therefore have to grow up

4. currently 21 and i feel old as fuck, back hurts everyday when i wake up.
    trying to decide wtf i should do with my life.

5. I think about that sort of stuff every day. I'm trapped within my own mind.:(

6. heard that man

7. #7 ScrappyDoo, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    I'm 20, and I'm the same way man. My fucking back and knees everyday, and I'm in pretty damn good shape too. I think I just went way too hard on my body these past 2 or 3 years.

Edit: Oh yeah, and happy birthday nizzbomb69. I don't think i could have put that nearly as elegantly as you did. Cheers bro!

8. ya honestly im in the best shape ive been in since i was prolly 10.

but digging holes for a living is a good way to kill your back.

finally im done with that but im left with back pain which sucks