20 year old dating a 16 year old

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Sativasmoke909, Apr 22, 2010.

1. So I have known this girl from family friends since I was 12 years old and recently we reconnected and we have gone on several dates. She is really chill and we get along as smooth as silk. She has no problem with me smoking or drinking even if she doesn't and her parents like me a lot so they have no problem with their minor daughter dating me. The only problem is I am 20 turning 21 shortly and it feels kinds weird dating a 16 year old. If she were 18 I wouldn't be having this problem. So I ask you grasscity, should I ignore the fact that she is 16 and continue dating her or talk to her and tell her how I feel and wait until she is 18 to date?

2. Just cause your dating, doesnt mean you have to have sex. Ive seen friends in the past get caught up in this hangup, and it never seems to work out. Youll be able to meet up with friends at a bar, lol see a rated R movie etc - she will want you to goto prom, or homecoming or somethin. So, in short, she cant come up to your level until she is out of highschool. So really, are you the type that is willing to be patient and stoop down to hers for sake of the relationship?

3. +rep, great advice imo

4. I totally understand that. That's kinda the hold up for me. Like me n my friends will go to a bar or something and I could definately see having issues. I really like her though. I have asked some friends and they have mixed feelings about it too.

5. Icecreamkid hit it spot on.

A 4-5 year age difference isn't that bit of a deal, and (depending on he state) she is probably of legal age, but... You are at two totally different places in life. If it feels weird to you, then you should go with your gut.

6. bro you not only can date a 16 year old but if you guys like each other then you definatly should. not only that but if she wants to get fucked you should definatly do it. i know the way america is but do what feels right to you and dont let a bunch of retarded, repressed, pathetic people tell you what your morals and values are. make them yourself. i let the religious, the so called morally supioror let me tell me how to think and i regret every minute of my life i lost because of them.

here in spain 35 year olds go out with 17 year olds.....thats the norm. its not about age its about whether you like each other. my mom is 44 and shes going out with a guy that 23.

7. I'm not religious, morally superior, retarded, repressed, or pathetic and I would never tell someone how to think. But I do have a 16 year old daughter and if I caught a 20 year old guy messing around with her, I'd break his fucking neck.

8. Id have to agree with that to a certain point.

9. lol its not the guy you have to worry about......its your daughter you have to worry about.......my sister 16 years old ¨i like babys¨ 1 year later shes got one. careful bro dont let that shit happen.

10. [​IMG]

I'm just kiddin. But really, IceCreamKidd hit the nail on the head.

11. Tell me about it. I have 3 daughters and the 16 year old is the youngest. So far so good though. I've spent half my life living with four females (including my wife). Pity me :D

12. i had a very similar situation last year dude. The girl was my old friends younger sister, i mean i used to pick on this girl when i was in like middle school and i guess she always had a huge crush on me since back in the day. anyway fast forward a few years.. i'm 20 and she is 16, she got ahold of me on facebook and i couldn't believe how beautiful she was. I was weary about the age difference from the start. I tried it out, and it really didn't work out.. there is a huge difference between the maturity level of a 20 year old and a 16 year old, also the fact that she was in high school and i was working / paying for college "living in the real world", if you will. a four year age difference is not a huge deal, especially if the girl is someone who you have known for a long time... just be warned that you might not see a difference in maturity now, but once you are actually in a relationship you may start to see some things you don't like. hope that helps dude.

13. yeah dude, you are at 2 different stages in life. although i can relate to a point. i like this girl whos younger then me, shes 16 im 19, it will never work out cause she lives far away but idk, 16 is way different then 19. and it certainly must be even further away then 20 or 21. if you do go for it, dont ruin her, dont introduce her to sex and drugs, youll fuck her up in the head. a 16 year old girl doesnt need that shit

14. Of course not she's my daughter.

15. it can work. just don't get mad when she wants to do her lil 16 yr old stuff

16. I pictured you being badass as fuck after reading that. LOL :p

I agree with you though. No 16 year old high school girl should be messing around with a 20-21 year old.

Butttt, whatever floats your boat, OP. She ain't my child.

17. im 20, and personally i wouldnt go there, but ive seen a 9 year age diff work and turn into a successful marriage.

18. my sister had a kid when she was 13. with a dude that was 44.

hes in prison now. kid just turned 17. it wasnt a very nice environment growing up in my home.

19. being a 20 year old male myself, i struggle with this all the time... girls like guys that are a few years older/rich..... and im not rich....

honestly, why not see what happens? if you're not all gung-ho to get married and start a family any time soon, do it up...

20. well the thing with the marriage is that since she is so young then chances are that he is one of her first companions, if you will.

but if he gets all serious about this and wants to end up fucking her then she will get uber attached cuz this is so intense of a feeling and it must be love cuz she never felt this way about anyone before and so this is the end all be all to any guy i would ever meet. and he will find himself in this preteen death grip of a relationship. unable to escape cuz its his familys friends kid and he doesnt want to make things get all weird between them or whatever.

its a mess. but id still tap it a few times just cuz.

just giving you something to think about