20" X 20" X 44" room planning

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SummerBringer, Oct 28, 2011.

1. So I'm trying to set up my first grow. This space I have available in my closet is 22" by 23" and 46" high (the height of the closet is 8' but if I make the box higher it will block off the circuit breaker).

I am planning on making a box inside this closet that will be 20" by 20" and 44" high, and hanging a 250w metal halide light w/ ballast inside. I don't know the exact size of the ballast but it will fit in this space for sure.

How many plants would I have space for in here? I don't expect them to reach enormous heights; I'm using bagseed since it is my first grow (I'd be using CFLs but the ballast w/ bulb is pretty cheap).

The other pic is an opening to the attic that is 23" by 13". I would exhaust the air in my box through a carbon filter into the attic, which accesses the outside.

Is this space big enough for four plants? Two?

Thanks,
    SummerBringer

Attached Files:

2. Yea it should be plenty but your going to want alot of ventalation

3. I'm going to install a good sized fan for exhaust on the top, hopefully that will keep me covered. I'll post pics as its coming along.

4. You would be fine to do 2 plants in there I would say. I think my setup is the exact same idea as yours.

5. Although it doesn't seem logical more plants isn't always a good thing. I've seen many small grows that yielded more with less plants. There are so many variables though.. In that space you could make a nice even canopy with one plan very quickly. Just a thought..

6. thats a pretty small space to run an HPS your gonna want a ton of ventilation