20" x 20" x 40" ....questions....

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by glitchsec, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Hi guys, the space I will be working in is 20x20x40. I know pretty much everything i need other than this.

1: What would be the best lighting route with the 40 inch heigh restriction? LED or HPS?
    Elaborate on your opinions please, i need the info.

2: If I run 4 10x10 pots how tall would the plants be able to get with an LED over HPS?
    With an HPS I know 16+ inches is needed usually, but I ran a 600w. Not sure how bade the intesity and heat would be on an HPS of this size.

3:Sog in the 10x10 is my plan, but i would love to hear ideas of other SOG methods you think would give better results.

2. I would go led it if was me simply because of your space constraints you can light closer to the plants in turn allowing you to get taller plants also the heat will be less with led so less worry on the cooling side of things

I don't have much sog experience myself but you might look into LST and FIMing I have a plant right now about 3.5 inches tall with 5 good tops and working on 6 and 7 in a pc case

idk just a thought tho good luck and as always....
    burngreentrees

3. Thanks for the response! I was sort of under the assumption that an led needed to be arounbd 16-18 away, which sounds wrong from what your saying.

What wattage LED would be used for a 20x20 space? I know the rules are a lil diff when dealing with LED as opposed to HID. LED lights are small though right? If I kep LED in the tip top of the space, how much room would a good one take up? Im guessing around 4 inches thick?

4. During flowering they only need to be 12 inches away and by that time the plants so used to the light you could get away with even closer then that (I'm assuming)... worst I believe LED does is bleach your leaves

P.s. my Mars hydro is 3 inches wide (Mars hydro 300) but yeah I'd give it atleast another inch from the top for built in fans as well though.

5. Thanks Robbieboy123, I would love to use LED due to the fact that I see lots of frosty pics from LED =) 12 inches gives me another half a foot of plant room which is great! Ima read up on LED and what COBS are best etc.