20 x 10 Room with airconditioner for growing any ideas will help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ticketmaster940, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Hi Friends !
    I have a room sealed ready with airconditioner and the size of the room is 10ft height × 20 ft length
    I have attached pictures below.

I want to know how many lights will i need to hang ..i already 6 MH/HPS light set 400 watt.

so do i need to hang more lights please help me with it..

And i have ordered mylar sheets and am planning to stick them to the walls on all sides. so reflectivity will not be a problem.

How many plants ,lights can i fit in these room ?

please share your expertise and views so it can be a helpful post for everyone.

I will be posting pics and grow journal here . i hope will get along and grow some beautiful buds 20200710_181144.jpg 20200710_181142.jpg 20200710_173455.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Damn. Lucky you. I’m looking to move by myself soon want a neighbor? I got 20k saved up and have steady shitty disability income. Actually I’m a grower probably going to go to Montana and sure yet if I’m gonna stay there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. First off, your room is to small. Can’t grow weed in a space that small!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. You need to figure out the way your going to grow, before you decide how many you’re going to grow. Sog, you’d grow a shit load. If you SCRoG and veg for 3 months, you won’t have that many plants, relatively speaking. I’d say do a shit load of research and see what way you want to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. How big is your A/C? My room is 8x16 and I have a Daikin 12000BTU and it won’t cool room enough during hottest part of the day. all LED too. So, I hope your split is big or you’re going to struggle keeping correct temp during summer. I every added a big ass fan to help push the cold air around room. D6779151-BEB2-4956-9FE4-DFC87189AEC3.jpeg 63877E4A-0CC5-4735-AC8E-AAC21E160D23.jpeg

6. My AC is 18000 BTU and i asked the dealer and he said that for room my size this AC will be fine and will maintain the temps. Lets see as time goes on i will understand how it handles the heat in the room.

7. #7 Bigdaddy76, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Unless you told dude you’re growing weed and he took in account how many watts you’re running (because of heat generated), what he said means nothing! You don’t go by room size growing weed, you go by watts in room. I should have one your size, with the 3150 watts I’m running. If you’re running much more then that amount of watts, your split isn’t big enough! When I get more power, ran to my building, I’m going to run a 3 ton. I’ll be side lighting everything creating crazy heat! You’ll most likely have to set your light schedule to be dark, during hottest part of the day for that A/C to keep up, if you’re filling up room with lights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The label on AC says that 100% working capacity is 5500watts heat in room and at 50% working capacity of AC is 2500watts .

And i plan to use 6 , 400watt MH/HPS lights so in total it will be 2400 watts of light in that room ?? should i be fine with that much lights for size of my grow room. please let mek now.

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

9. UPDATE - I have selected this reflective sheet .
    It is advertised as 97 reflectivity +- 3%
    it has dual sided aluminium reflective covering and it has non woven fabric in between to increase the strength and durability.
    It has patterned dots to decrease hotspots.

i hope it helps in achieiving the maximum reflectivity ![​IMG]

10. #10 Bigdaddy76, Jul 21, 2020
    Not many watts for that big of a room. Your yield will be handicapped by your limited wattage. You should have a minimum of 5000 watts in a room that size to optimize yields! Plus not all 5000watts are the same. 5000watts of Hal lights will be a hell of a lot hotter then 5000watts of LED! It’s all relevant.

11. So i think i will have to put a reflective walland cut the room size into half as is i am going to stick reflective sheet all overthe room ..so how many autoflowering plants do you suggest i should keep in there with 100 sq feet of space (if i cut my room space into half ) ?

12. The general rule of thumb with HID's is:
    250w = 2x2
    400w = 3x3
    600w = 4x4
    1000w = 5x5

13. So with my 6 light set i will be able to cover 3*6 ×3*6= 18×18 =324 sq ft . Am i right ??

14. Depends on pot size! You’d basically run those like a sog! If you don’t know what it means, google it and research it. You also need room to work in room, so keep that in mind.

15. i am having 28 fabric pots of 1' x 1' .

yes definately i will read about scrog today so that i understand it better and will be very helpful if you can share some online guides to scrog method in autoflowering plants.

Thanks in advance

16. #16 Bigdaddy76, Jul 21, 2020
    By the suggestion, if you’re going to have 325 ft^3 you’d need 13@1000 watt lights! 25 divided 325! Otherwise your yields will suck, if you’re going that large and everything else is done properly. Providing everything else is done properly, your yield will be determined by how much light you have. A lot of people don’t have spaces that large cause it’s to expensive to set up. You need so much more of everything! Shit, I have $20000, invested in setting up my 8x16x8 flower room and 5x14 veg room. It’s not cheap to start out large but you’ll recoup costs quickly!

17. that will be too much of power consumption and i dont think electricity authorities will provide me such power.

i think i will have to use small space in there and max i can use is 8 400watts lights i.e total 3200watts !

18. Your obviously not in the US because they’ll supply you with as much power as you pay for. I know of people with over a $2000 bill a month. Although you need to be legal or they can snitch you out. You’re room is WAY to big for what you’re wanting to run. Make it smaller to fit the lights you have or just give yourself a shit load of space to work!

19. You'd have 6 lights with a coverage of 3x3 (9 sq/ft). So 6x9 = 54 sq/ft.

You could raise them up which would spread out their floorprint more (to say 4x4 each) but you'd be reducing light intensity at the canopy. It's always gonna be a tradeoff unless you add more light.

I know you already have the 6 lights, but if you're gonna add more you might wanna go with LED's. They'll be more efficient.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. I don’t think he’s grasping this!