$20 Ti nails

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by HighStateToke, Jun 2, 2012.

1. yes, $20 ti nails. as most of you still buy $50+ nails from scammers, check out ebay:D

2. Did you buy the Titanium Crusher nail by any chance? I just ordered one today for 24$ and I'm hoping it's the real deal and not a knock off

3. some of that cheap titanium shit is made in china and contains toxins and all kinds of bad shit

4. when it comes to ti you get what you pay for. the 20 dollar nails are probably a different grade of titanium that is cheaper but also harmful to your health if you smoke off of it.

5. #5 ac3adt, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
    True that.. But they could be stolen and they are just selling them cheap so they can flip them quickly.

I just ordered one myself and it was from a seller that claimed to be a wholesaler so they can afford to sell them cheaper than the head shops that buy them and turn and sell them for profit.

Also $25 isn't that ridiculous considering it is the old version of the nail, the v2. @L+ sells the v2 for like $60...

6. i ordered one last week it came in in two days. The dish seems to not be too deep but it really doesnt matter. I got the one with the slits around the dish but the good thing is that it is completely removable so you can always get another part if you dont like it

oh and the dabber that comes with it works pretty wel

7. Doesn't compare to Highly Educated in quality.

I got one a few weeks ago and it already looks worse than my buddies HE 18mm that he got at the beginning of the year.

I personally am thinking about ordering a HE nail head to put on mine.

8. [quote name='"footballerus7"']i ordered one last week it came in in two days. The dish seems to not be too deep but it really doesnt matter. I got the one with the slits around the dish but the good thing is that it is completely removable so you can always get another part if you dont like it

oh and the dabber that comes with it works pretty wel[/quote]

I got that nail, didn't seem legit and was turning weird colors/smoking alot, so I sold it and bought an HE

9. Had pretty much the same thing happen with mine. Used it for about a month, began smoking turning weird colors etc. Upgraded to a14mm HE V3 and couldn't be happier

10. Idk if the HE dome would work with a knockoff nail. They might be different sizes. I just stick with highly educated as far as titanium goes. Better safe than sorry. Although this last nail head I have turned grey instead of getting colorful. I think I had my torch turned up too hot or something. I'm just replacing it with a c-cup tho, the c cup should be really cool I think its like the perfect nail a thin fin drop top nail with a cup head.

11. My buddy ordered on of these and they are a low grade. After about a month of using it 2-3 times a day the metal started to flake and crack. Better off getting it from a reliable online shop and not some random eBay seller making a quick buck.

12. I need to get me one of these asap

13. Yes, Ti nails from ebay *could* contain harmful toxins. Your bud can also contain harmful toxins, along with the glass your piece of made of, etc.

Just because shit is sold in a retail store doesnt mean they didnt buy them from china also. In fact they probably did and are just marking them up.

This is how retail business works... They have overheads out the ass (rent, employee salaries, utilities) eBays overhead for the individual seller cost .20 a listing, and an item at $20 would result in about 3$ total in fees.

Rent can be ~1300 month for 500ish sqft building in Tempe at least, 200-300ish for utilities monthly, (2 employees at 8$ hr * 14 hours day * 30 days) 840 = 2390

As you can see a little more expensive and they have no guarantee to sell anything. eBay doesn't charge you more then a quarter til the thing sells.

14. Yeah man, I love smoking metal.

Fuck you right up!

15. except half of the ebay vendors are in usa, nails made in the usa. soo. do what you'd like, l like to save a buck via not paying for a head shop markup but thats just me ;)

16. A few are actually in the USA. Some say they are but are really based out of some place like Hong Kong, and the made in the US is bullshit too.

These nails will not last as long as a Highly Educated, get one of both and see for yourself.

17. ^^^be wise to his vibes.

My friend's homie bought a Ti nail from eBay. My friend told me about it and I said his nail was gonna turn grey and start fuming. My friend said it was legit and he used it and it was good. One week later, my friend says to me, "that nail turned grey and was getting nasty man". I, being humble, simply said he should have bought one from a headshop. Thankfully, I never hit the kid's Parkinson inducing nail. If you're in need of a nail, you have your choice: spend more now-save your brain later, spend less now- have brain damage later.

That said, I always am going to ask before hitting someone else's titanium where they got it from. And if they use propane, not even going to go there. When it comes to concentrate stuff, you definitely get what you pay for. :)

18. There are a few different nails on Ebay. Only buy the one that says "titanium crusher made in USA" I wouldn't trust the others. I purchased a nail that didn't say anything on it and after about a month of daily dabbing it got very oxidated so I stopped using it and purchased one that said made in the USA on it and claimed it was Grade 2 Ti. About 5 months later the nail is still fine.

Good idea to dude who said put a HE nail head on the adjustable nails.

19. Ti nails are straight bro...

20. I picked up a $20 Ti nail at a local collective here in SoCal. Had it for a while, stopped using it and now im using it again.

Works fine, but if you can't access a trustworthy headshop or collective I wouldn't risk it.

Your going to be using this on the daily, might as well buy something you know is Grade 2. Not saying you have to pay more than $60 bucks for a nail, just find something trustworthy.